i30 Owners Club

Hyundai mudflaps

snappers · 33 · 16092

Offline Talking Hoarse

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Winchcombe, Glos
When I bought my 2010/11 i30 Premium model there were no mudflaps available that would fit. It was because the car had a body styling kit that reshaped the sills. Even now  the UK Hyundai options list for the previous i30 states that the mudflaps will not fit the Premium model or the UK i30 Edition
http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/accessories/all/?modelName=i30&ref=176
All the Hyundai material states "will not fit the Edition or 2011 model" hence my query. So  are the sill mouldings different for the pre-2011 build  and the Edition/2011  versions and, presumably, the Edition has 2011 sills?
If so as your car is a  2010 Premium why won't the advertised mudflaps fit your car?
That's probably why they say "won't fit 2011" model but our (Australian Delivery) i30's are pretty much identical to the earlier versions and only the SR gets the body kit...

But surely Baradeur's question will be about a UK car?
I reckon that i30's Czech built after about April 2010 (& referred to as 2011 spec) in UK grew a sort of body kit including sill extensions and different bumpers & grill.  All a bit similar to the Edition model but not the same.  So different mudflaps are needed.
The mudflaps for the "2011" model were unavailable for ages - but I did get some (genuine Hyundai ones) for mine - part Nos:
2r460ade10 & 2r460ade20, about £50 in total.
As I recall they were really easy to fit - all the holes are there already - maybe needs a couple of wheels removed to get at them.
Ed

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Good point, I got confused about who was asking (was thinking an Aussie member)  :-[

The UK cars did change considerably around that time  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

I reckon that i30's Czech built after about April 2010 (& referred to as 2011 spec) in UK grew a sort of body kit including sill extensions and different bumpers & grill.  All a bit similar to the Edition model but not the same.  So different mudflaps are needed.
The mudflaps for the "2011" model were unavailable for ages - but I did get some (genuine Hyundai ones) for mine - part Nos:
2r460ade10 & 2r460ade20, about £50 in total.

I think you have got it exactly right.  I haven't  been able to find an "Edition" model yet but the "2011" model (mine is Czech April 2011 build date) has full length sill mouldings which prevent the original mud flaps from fitting - certainly at the front - but the rear quarter panel seems to be the same on all models so perhaps the rear flaps do fit all cars!
Thanks for the part numbers I will check with my dealer.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal