i30 Owners Club

i30 Classic Speaker Question

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
i want to know if the wiring loom for all the i30 hatch models are standard, and in my model that only has four speakers to start with, is the loom just capped off and tucked out of the way?  basically can i put rear speakers in easily?  Cheers for the help.
  • i30 Comfort 2010 crdi 1.6 auto in Silver

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Tommy and welcome to the club  :goodjob:

The extra two speakers in the models with six speakers are tweeters in the top of the front doors (not at the back of the car) Well that is the case in Australia anyway ... :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Hi Tommy and welcome to the club  :goodjob:

The extra two speakers in the models with six speakers are tweeters in the top of the front doors (not at the back of the car) Well that is the case in Australia anyway ... :winker:
Thats the way it is over here in the UK also, I think when a manufacturer counts their speakers they count the tweeters as well, even tho you would normally not consider them to be speakers. As far as my knowledge is aware all i30's come with 6 speakers. I have been in the Classic, without the tweeters, and to be honest the sound quality is just as good,  the issue with the classic is  the manual wing mirror adjust, on the cars with tweeters, they are situated in place of the manual stalk controller. Only way for you to add tweeters, if you desired, would be to dash mount them.
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
in my classic i don't have the tweeters in the mirror adjuster position, but is the wiring still there and can i use that as a signal provider to an amp?

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
in my classic i don't have the tweeters in the mirror adjuster position, but is the wiring still there and can i use that as a signal provider to an amp?

By the looks of the standard set up in my Premium, the tweeters are wired into the existing audio circuit, Aftermarket component speakers normally come with a 'cross-over' box, which allows the frequency to be separated, allowing only the higher frequency to be sent towards the tweeter, and the rest to the door speakers. If you dont want to upgrade your door speakers, merely get 2 strips of speaker wire, splice into the existing speaker circuit and bob's your uncle.
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
wont i lose power to the speakers that i splice the signal from? :sweating: :oops:

Offline alc2

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
No , you  will not loose  power ,  or  I'm not  aware of  that . I have  Classic 115HP crdi  and  tweeters were  not  by  default. So  aftermarket  Magnat  done  great job .  I rec comend  you  these ones
 http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=tweeter-hd_1&cate=011900000

L.E. Crossover are included  with  most  of  aftermarket  tweeters .

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
i appreciate the suggestion and pics but i want the signal to go to an amp in the boot so i can run a sub-woofer. 

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Lots of people put the high power amps in their cars here in Oz. Not my cup of tea actually 7 the sound system is adequate for me. BUT, if the police hear you using it, that is an offence in South Australia, and the car can be confiscated under "hoon legislation" laws and ultimately crushed or sold (although it would be rare).

South Australia was proclaimed and settled by free people, unlike Tasmania, New South Wales and Victoria but lately, we seem to be living in a police state with new laws & diminishing freedom day after day.  :mad:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
 :faint:that seems a bit of a bum deal.  i don't really want a massive system, left that behind me now, but i do appreciate a good bass-line, so that's where im going with that.  the old bill here do have powers over cruising that have been around for a while now.  basically any more than two cars constitutes a cruise with regards to cars gathering in car parks and the like.  if the cruise is organised and legit then its all good, but if its not then all cars and their owners details are taken, and should you be seen at another illegal cruise the rozzers will take your car and crush it!!! how rude!!!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal