i30 Owners Club

Aftermarket reverse sensor - Perth WA

Smartie · 11 · 7481

Offline Smartie

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Hi all,

Car kit company came and installed my reverse sensor yesterday.  Took them little over an hour to do it and they have done a good job. All wires were nicely concealed, sensors were flush mount.

Cost was $360 that included $60 colour matching sensors, and if you go for the model without the LCD display unit you can save a further $30.

http://thecarkitcompany-px.rtrk.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=83&category_id=8&manufacturer_id=17&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=67

They can install in all major cities.

Overall, very happy with the installation.  Check out the pictures

This is my first attempt with photo attachment. Hope it will work.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:11:31 by Smartie »

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Looks good and nice colour car. :cool:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Mine was installed within a few hours with two hours break for work duty and cost me a box of Fazer sweets, brought from Finland on the same day  :D  :happydance:, though he asked no reward in turn.
That was a mate (B2 technician) from my shift in Rossiya airline, who accomplished this work. The sensors were purchased in Ebay and took one month to arrive.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks good Smartie ... photos worked ok but next time try pasting the IMG link and they will show up without needing to click on them... :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Yeah looks good, I am considering the same MOD myself....   but then again I've been considering it since I bought the car  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Yeah looks good, I am considering the same MOD myself....   but then again I've been considering it since I bought the car  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Then it is time purchased one (ebay prices vary from 15 to 30 usd with shipping cost counted in) and found someone to install it free of charge.

Offline Smartie

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Looks good Smartie ... photos worked ok but next time try pasting the IMG link and they will show up without needing to click on them... :goodjob:

Thanks for the tip Dazzler

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Looks great I have to say (my parking sensors were part of the premium package and yours look every bit as good - plus, you got 4 sensors not 3).

Did your fitter invert the circuit board in the display? I seem to remember someone on here bought the same setup but found the display looked better the way you have it, ie not upside down.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Smartie

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Looks great I have to say (my parking sensors were part of the premium package and yours look every bit as good - plus, you got 4 sensors not 3).

Did your fitter invert the circuit board in the display? I seem to remember someone on here bought the same setup but found the display looked better the way you have it, ie not upside down.

I am not sure if he inverted the circuit board or not, He recommeded the position and i said okay so he just went on and put it in there.

Pip
.. plus, you got 4 sensors not 3...
Mine are aftermarket and have 4. Dunno if the 2 outside ones are too close to the sides but I get a false indication from walls and poles to the side I'm never gunna hit.

This behaviour must have been well known and was described to me as a feature... it's just a pain really.

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
very neat job Smartie  :goodjob: i like how the display sits just above the rearview mirror.

i installed a set on mine (aftermarket from ebay) & the distance to objects left & right comes up on the reverse camera's screen

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal