i30 Owners Club

Re: 2010 1.6 CRDi Diesel Engine Noisy & Clunky Knocking sound

Beansy · 4 · 2340

Offline Beansy

• 1st Gear

I am having problems with my i30 CRDi , which has recently developed a clunky knocking noise.  Seems to be worse when driving on minor roads and not very noticeable when driving on A Roads or Motorway.

I called the Hyundai dealership today and they said rather than bring it in to them I could go to a local  (non Hyundai) garage and see what they diagnose, then get back to them with their findings and they would advise me if it is covered under the 5 yr warranty.   

We have had the car from new (22 Nov 2010) and it has done just over 43,000 miles.

Do you think it would be more advantageous to take it direct to the Hyundai dealership for them to inspect/diagnose, rather than messing around, especially as there is only 4 1/2 months left on the Warranty?

Will they charge for inspecting the car?

We would be really grateful for any help/advice.

Many thanks
  • Hyundai i30 classic CRDi

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi Beansy

:wttc:

The drop links are known to make noises when worn. If not covered by warranty then be happy to know they're not expensive.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Exactly  :whsaid:  :Good_luck:

Yep, direct to the dealer would be the way I'd go.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
 :welcomettc:

:scared: :faint: :Shocked:
They seriously told you to pay for someone else to diagnose so they can advise on warranty??   Do you live a long way from the dealership? Hopefully there is a reasonable explanation.
If you believe it will be a warranty case you should definately go straight to the dealer. If it turns out that it is warranty you shouldnt pay anything. If they deem it to be non-warrantable for whatever reason then you will be charged.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal