eye30 · 52 · 13973

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
   you deserve punative damages for this lot. <sigh>

I don't think he wants any more damages.. The last lot is taking some fixing  :rofl:

I'm starting to get annoyed with the insurance company now (they seem as useless as the repairers for letting this go on so long)  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mad Dog

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Cheshire

• Barking Mad
In the interests of compliance with the sex discrimination, Age discimination, Race Discrimination etc acts, I should point out that my reference to him or her is not intended to show gender preference because of the order in which they are stated. It matters not whether it is a big breasted young black female jewish gay blonde or a flat chested old white male christian straight person who comes - or indeed any permutaion of the above qualities, provided they find in favour of eye30.

Careful AlanHo the Discrimination Act Oct. 2012 states -

Any thoughts or comments, written or verbal, designed to support any point of view to the detriment of any other point of view will be deemed to be prejudice. In law, as in life, it's not the winning but the taking part that counts. Maximum penalty 200 hours Reality TV.

• Ice Blue Petrol 1.4 Comfort Oct 11

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Guess who won't be re-insuring with this bunch of amateurs.  :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
This has not finished yet.......................

The insurance co assessor call out today to look at the car.

Took details of the items I've mentioned previously plus a new one I noticed since Sunday - the paint which has been redone and the original wing and doors which have been "blended" has a "milky" tone to it.  As you move towards the rear of the car the paint become "clear" and shines.

He agrees that this is not right and will be reporting back.

So the saga continues........

ps the complaints dept have been in touch and are now waiting on the assessors report.  Once they have this they will be in touch again to "resolve" this claim.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
OMG - the never ending story... :disapp: :disapp:

What have you done to deserve this.. :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
What an absolute shambles.

I feel for you - but I can only imagine that the saga is now so ridiculous you must by now have become immune to pain and frustration. I know I would.

Stick with it - sooner or later the story will end "and they all lived happily ever after"
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:disapp: If this story wasn't posted on this site (and by Lester) you would never believe it ..

In the days of the Wild West these guys would have been run out of town, or strung up  :evil:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
:disapp: If this story wasn't posted on this site (and by Lester) you would never believe it ..

In the days of the Wild West these guys would have been run out of town, or strung up  :evil:

Imagine what would have happened in Scotland in days gone by..........  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
If this were my car, I would be consulting with your dealer. Have them suggest their preferred repairer and insist that the insurer send the car there. As well, the new repairer should be told about the "shambles" that has already occurred. They would then be given the opportunity to uphold the dealer's confidence in them, by providing you with the service you deserve. The insurer should be prepared to make whatever exceptions are required. The car should not be returned to these other morons who obviously can't do the job correctly.  :neutral:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

UPDATE

The insurance assessor and the "boss" from the repair paint shop came to view the car this morning.

The "boss" agreed the paint wasn't right and said that it appeared to be an issue with the top coat as the actual colour was a match. (I'm happy with the colour match and said so).

Agreed that there was a "milky" finish and said this was due to an issue with the varnish application.

The other minor issues were discussed.

With it being Easter they are having it in in 2 weeks, after the Easter holidays.

I've agreed to let them have another go but if it is not right after this then ..................................Lets wait and see as they know I'm not going to let this drop....

End of Part 3,999,876,543   :winker:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

UPDATE

The insurance assessor and the "boss" from the repair paint shop came to view the car this morning.

The "boss" agreed the paint wasn't right and said that it appeared to be an issue with the top coat as the actual colour was a match. (I'm happy with the colour match and said so).

Agreed that there was a "milky" finish and said this was due to an issue with the varnish application.

The other minor issues were discussed.

With it being Easter they are having it in in 2 weeks, after the Easter holidays.

I've agreed to let them have another go but if it is not right after this then ..................................Lets wait and see as they know I'm not going to let this drop....

End of Part 3,999,876,543   :winker:

You could and should get nominated as a candidate for 2 Nobel awards - the Nobel Ultimate Patience award and the Nobel Persistence Against the Odds award.  There are few who would have put up with this saga - some would have gone the small claims court route and others would have shrugged and accepted a shoddy job after running out of steam.
My fingers are crossed that the stumblebums you are having to deal with get it right next time.  I assume that you still have use of a courtesy car at the third party insurers expense - I do hope so.

I would be arguing for a premium discount from my present insurer to compensate for the weeks you have not had your car on the road - they are not exposed to full risks whilst your car isnt being used and the courtesy car should be covered by the thrid party insurer who have presided over such an almighty cock-up.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Currently have my own car since I picked it up, was that 3 weeks ago.  Who can remember as I can't as so many things have happened or not in this case, since 12 November 2011..

They will give me a loan car when they take it in.

From what the insurance co have told me all this work, last repaint, this new work and the 2 periods of the loan car is done at their expense.

I've told the insurance co that last week I had a valuation and was just offered "bottom" book as P/X against a new car.

I won't repeat what they said but I've told them that I'm expecting the cars valuation to be at "top" book when it is finally sorted.

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

• 2010 I30 CW SLX CRDI Auto
the milky appearance can be due to a drop of temperature or moisture contamination in one of the final coats of clear. (like what happens when a hot cup is put on a varnished table)... i once had a repair that i rejected 5 times before they got it right.. coming from the paint industry (albeit house paint) i had a good eye for colour uniformity... they tried to trick me by delivering the car to me fresh from the wash bay and not chamoised but shame i could put my little finger between the bumper and the back of the car so back it went lol.... very best of luck eye30 hope they put their top painter on the job...
  • 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

i rejected 5 times before they got it right..

I'm upto 2 so only 3 to go.......

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

the milky appearance can be due to a drop of temperature or moisture contamination in one of the final coats of clear.

I was told that by a friend of a friend in the trade but I didn't show my hand until the "boss" mentioned it first.

I feel he has a handle on this now so fingers crossed it WILL be correctly done but I'll be giving it a good going over when they return it...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The way things are going it will have so many coats of paint the economy will be effected by the extra weight  :sweating:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
eye30,

Do you have your paper delivered now  :question:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
eye30,

So cruel.

Correct, but cruel :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

The way things are going it will have so many coats of paint the economy will be effected by the extra weight  :sweating:

It's the extra wait he is more concerned about................... :whistler:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

eye30,

I've started to walk but I'm finding the news is a day old by the time I get back home... :happydance: :wacko:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

But at least I won't need to worry about rust will I....   :rofl:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal