i30 Owners Club

who has got the MS-bodykit?

Guest · 7 · 3294

icatcher
A time ago I saw a picture of a red i-30 on the forum with a bodykit (I thought it was the MS-bodykit). I can't find it anymore now...
I'd like to ask the owner: what is the space between the bottom of the bodykit (frontbumper) and the street-surface? Is there much difference with the original bumper? Here in the Netherlands we have a lot of 'thresholds' in the streets, and I'm not sure if a bodykit would survive these. :o
Can anyone help me? Thnx!

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Hi icatcher

Right I have just been out in the snow to measure that for you, see how kind we are???

The distance from the road to the bottom of the MS bumper is about 165mm on a car with the MS 18" alloys, this would obviously alter a little depending on your wheels.

In the UK we have many speed bumps planted strategically all over our city streets to prevent speeding and I have had no issues going over any of these mountains!!

Shambles, Eye30 and fatboydave, the snow is here now and coming your way, time to test the ESP!!

Cheers
Brian
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Shambles, Eye30 and fatboydave, the snow is here now and coming your way, time to test the ESP!!

Cheers
Brian
Just what I needed to cheer me up  Brian >:( after exiting the shower this morning and catching my little toe on the raised base, tearing a strip of skin and nail off. Ouch. Feel my pain)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Made me wince reading it Shambles, for some reason the little toe is the greatest source of pain for hours after you catch it :'( :'(
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Would reply with quote Hahahahahahah nawnawnaw

Can't wait for snow, I love it.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

icatcher
Thanks Bumpkin for going into the snow.
I've got the 17" wheels, but I don't think that'll make any difference. Good to know that you have these annoying speed bumps as well. Thought they invented these things in Holland only... :evil:
With 165 mm there will be a difference of about 55 mm. I doubted if I would have a bodykit, but with this information I can make up my mind better :idea:
Thanks again!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal