i30 Owners Club

Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades

tohis · 6 · 5372

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
I wasn't happy with those original wiper blades. From the very start there were water droplets splashing over the middle section of the left (the longer one in LHD) wiper when wiping, so after wiping the windscreen wasn't dry and clean. Also they started to sound like sandpaper, so it was time to look for better wipers. In my previous Nissan Almera I had Bosch Aerotwin blades, so I went and bought them for the i30. Just one test wipe, and I was immediately happy! Despite the left wiper being so long, it wiped the windscreen very nicely, no droplets splashing over like earlier.  :goodjob:

My first annual service is approaching, so I need to tell the dealer strictly to not replace them. Otherwise there would be those bloody originals again, with even bloodier price...

• 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Well I bought original Hy blades for mine when I bought it second hand. They lasted 40.000 km but I found them expensive.

Next time I bought Bosch blades, cheaper yes, but they only lasted 17.000 km.  Now I'm back on the Hy blades Again... :D
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
My FD had aeroblades from new. They were fantastic; I think I got 120,000 miles out of them, in British weather :eek:

My new GD2 has crappy clam type blades which will be replaced soon.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
My original FD blades are still on it
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :whsaid:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Mine are single silicon blades bought from Supercheap. The originals lasted a couple of years.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal