i30 Owners Club

Body kits

Guest · 6 · 6753

Lil Benno
I'm looking at throwing a body kit on my car. I've since found the kit I want to put on my car and only seem to be able to find it in online (overseas) stores. Spoken with a couple of my friends who are heavily into modifying their cars and they all mentioned that I may have to pay tax to get it into the country? Also that there may be a somewhere that may sell it here in Aus and I just haven't been able to find them. Here is a link to the kit I'm chasing:

:link: NEFD FD I30 Full Body Kit - ,190.00 : KDM Motors Inc.

Seeking advice at this point  please

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Not sure of any places in Aus that sell the kits but it maybe possible for one of the body shops to order one for you :undecided:

I've personally bought some small products from K-Tuning.com before and they were reliable, one of their nice kits available for your model :link: Hyundai i30 Aeroparts

Use the options drop down to see listed prices.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Doubt you find much already in Australia.
Anything over $1000au including shipping with incur a stamp duty tax when entering the country. Dont know exact process as I haven't ordered anything expensive enough yet.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Its up to 20% vat duty on the total you pay, [ie postage , insurance,]  depending on what type of goods you purchase over here

the tax man sure likes to get his cut

http://www.customs.gov.au/faq/DutyGST.asp#Q86

No wonder its called rip off britain compared to what you guys pay :Shocked:
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Lil Benno

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I bought mine (genuine Hyundai kit) via Gumtree so I can't say much about overseas sources. Good luck! :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal