Decision on 2012 model i30 Purchase

AlanHo · 86 · 28423

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :laughter:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
This probably should be a new thread.
But how often do you wax Alan?
I thought we could compare.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
When are you picking up the new motor?

I've got a good relationship with my local dealer and like you I'd rather be given an acceptable price at the beginning rather than having to haggle.
As they expect you haggle they will have inflated the price knowing you will ask for cash off.  Whether you get to their bottom line, who knows.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid

You must have been too enthralled to get to the bottom of my earlier post................ :whistler:

My I30 1.6 CRDi blue drive Style in Sleek Silver will be passing down the Nosovice production line between the 5th and 8th of April and will arrive in the Felixstowe UK docks on the 13th April.  I will receive it shortly after – but perhaps not until May 1st because we are on holiday in Cyprus at the end of April.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

You must have been too enthralled to get to the bottom of my earlier post................ :whistler:

My I30 1.6 CRDi blue drive Style in Sleek Silver will be passing down the Nosovice production line between the 5th and 8th of April and will arrive in the Felixstowe UK docks on the 13th April.  I will receive it shortly after – but perhaps not until May 1st because we are on holiday in Cyprus at the end of April.

Sorry.

There was so much in the posts I've just missed it..

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I will receive it shortly after – but perhaps not until May 1st because we are on holiday in Cyprus at the end of April.

If you wish I'm willing to pick it up for you so it's outside your home on your return.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I will receive it shortly after – but perhaps not until May 1st because we are on holiday in Cyprus at the end of April.

If you wish I'm willing to pick it up for you so it's outside your home on your return.

So many kind. considerate people in the forum family...  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Why is everyone so kind :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Why is everyone so kind :D
because we all share the the same thing,an i30,or 2.  :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I was thinking the other day when I was reading through the "First Car" thread that it's quite amazing really.
We all started off in different parts of the world, at different times, with different pasts and different futures, with different tastes and ambitions, etc, yet here we all are, and brought here because the founders of this forum decided to put it together, and all because we all happen to own (or owned, or want to own) an i30.
It's quite amazing when you think about it.  :)
Dave
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Maybe in years to come the loser car companies will all be swallowed up and it will just be a matter of which Hyundai to buy.  :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I was thinking the other day when I was reading through the "First Car" thread that it's quite amazing really.
We all started off in different parts of the world, at different times, with different pasts and different futures, with different tastes and ambitions, etc, yet here we all are, and brought here because the founders of this forum decided to put it together, and all because we all happen to own (or owned, or want to own) an i30.
It's quite amazing when you think about it.  :)
Dave

When you consider how different some of our first cars were it is amazing  :goodjob:

Maybe in years to come the loser car companies will all be swallowed up and it will just be a matter of which Hyundai to buy.  :mrgreen:

Probably a bit far fetched Phil... :whistler: But it is possible one day they might be the biggest  :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
its starting to look like that at the moment.  :mrgreen: :happydance:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Especially Toyota, there a blight on society. White Goods belong in the kitchen  :happydance:

With my first car, I'm lucky that I survived to own an I30...... :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

I don't agree with you about Toyota - I have had several models over the years starting with a Toyota Cressida in 1988, then a Camry, after which was a Corona, then an Avensis. They were all petrol cars. My late wife had a couple of Corolla's during this time. All were fine cars, drove well and totally reliable.

I sold my Corona to my son in 1998 and he still uses it to commute to London Heathrow from his house in Chippenham. It now looks awful - white with green mould and trim held on with duct tape - but it has now done 283,000 miles (455,000km) and has never let him down.  He is an airline captain and parks his car in the senior staff car park at Heathrow amongst all the Porches, Lambo's, Aston Martins and other exotica indulged in by his younger, less frugal colleagues. The cars get badly knocked about in the staff car park by careless drivers or pedestrians wheeling big cases between them, they also get covered in a film of unburnt aviation fuel which causes the excessive mould on the bodywork. His workmates think he is barmy not having a decent car (he does - a new Avensis but keeps it at home) and they take the micky out of him.  However - he will have the last laugh. His airline are about to be taken over by British Airways and redundancies are feared. His mates all have huge mortgages and flashy cars on credit and are sh1tting themselves with worry. He hasn't got a care in the World - no mortgage, no debts, no worries. He is now 52 years old and does not need another job - if he escapes the axe that will be fine - but if not - he will be relieved to be out of the airline business and free to drive his Toyotas any day he likes.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

free to drive his Toyotas any day he likes.

Being such a savvy lad why doesn't he have an i30?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sounds like your son is a chip off the old block Alan  :goodjob:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Being such a savvy lad why doesn't he have an i30?

Be assured that I have tried to persuade him - but there is a good Toyota dealership on his doorstep and for him it is the safe option - especially now they offer a 5 year warranty to pull the rug from under Hyundai's feet. Frankly - I can see his point - he has always had his cars serviced by the franchise. His job takes him away from home a lot and he cannot afford the time to travel far and wide to get his car(s) serviced. The nearest Hyundai dealer of any note is quite a distance away so for him it is a no-brainer. His Avensis doea all he needs and like his battered Corona seems to be bullet proof.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Many years ago my late father had a Toyota Celica, it was the only car he ever owned that he sold 2nd hand for more than the purchase price.  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I had to Google Toyota Avensis (I didn't even know what they looked like)  :-[

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I've had a couple of Landcruisers over the years - firstly a 60 series petrol/LPG, then an 80 series petrol/LPG.
They were good at the time for what I wanted but Toyota aren't my favourite marque now.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline d3matt

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Oxfordshire

• 2012 Style 1 .6 CRDi 128PS Blue Drive
Thanks Alan for posting all the info on the new i30 and in particular the dBA levels.

I'm getting the same i30 as you soon and as I'll be driving 2.5hrs per day, I'm hoping it will be comfortable on the motorway.  My current 2010 Ceed is pretty good now that I've got rid of the original Michelin tyres.  These were the worst I'd every experienced.  They were ok until about 15k miles then got worse and worse. The noise was terrible.  I had to wait until 30k miles until they were worn out enough to replace the set.  I then got a set of Hankook Optima 4S (all season tyres) and its transformed the ride quality and noise.  The car is soooo much quieter now.

How much did the dealer charge you for changing the tyres on your new car?  Did they part-ex the factory fit tyres?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Matt,

See Alan's post number 8 here for the details of his Tyre swap...

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg154644#msg154644

Offline d3matt

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Oxfordshire

• 2012 Style 1 .6 CRDi 128PS Blue Drive

Offline johnG

• 1st Gear

• us United States
      Washington
Overall, it's your decision. I am sure that you know that the true price of ownership of an automobile is the total of all the expenses it needs to purchase and operate a vehicle. Some bargains are really cash pits in the end, and vice-versa. There are simple ways to calculate the true price of ownership of a vehicle before laying any cash down. And it might make all the main difference in determining your next purchase. Check this out: What is the true cost of ownership of your car?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Welcome johnG to our friendly forum.

Nice to see you having some input on post #1  :happydance:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal