Interesting read, thanks Alan.. :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Journalistically, quite possibly the finest comparison article I've read in the past 10 years :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Journalistically, quite possibly the finest comparison article I've read in the past 10 years :D

:whsaid:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid

Then you missed the Top Gear comparison test of the Fiat Panda, VW Up, KIA picante, Chinese MG3, Nissan Pixo, Proton Savvy, Renault Twizy, Smart Fourtwo and Ferrari 458.

Clarkson wanted to put the Ferrari in first place but was out-voted by James May and the scruffy little fellow with the startled look who said it was traditional in the trade for VW to win. 
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Alan (enjoyed that) Would love to see the same comparison with a 2.0 Ltr i30 SR in the mix  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thanks Alan,
all the test's i've read on the Hyundai 1.8 petrol all mention lack of Torque , also mentioned the Honda 1.8 needed the rev's up. the little 1.4 VW with supercharger & turbo has it's torque come in at a lower rev than the Hyundai CRDi 1.6, VW starts at 1,400 but only produces 200nm of TQ still far better to have 200nm @ 1,400rpm than to need 4,500rpm to get 178nm Torque like the 1.8 Hyundai. i think the VW would be runing a very small supercharger & small turbo both use in low boost pressure. but as with most VW things the price is a bit high, the service costs would be high too, & i know it would only have a spare suitable for a push bike  :lol:. , Well done to Hyundai that they still offer a full size spare that matches the wheels & tyres the car runs on. this is important in Australia ! Also sad to note they say the ride quality not that good on rough surface in the Hyundai, but they also state the touring Hyundai wagon has improved ride on rough surface. just i need a small car no larger than what i have. also they are all auto , not one manual tested. i'll only buy manual no matter what! so looks like i'll be with my FD CRDi 6 speed manual a while yet.
another thing to think of is sat nav, they could in the not so distant future use sat nav & possibly smart phones to check the distance you drive & tax you on it, not saying they will but they could. so the less gadgets the better.
thank's again Alan

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Lakes.

You can get that 1,4 TSI with 140 HP and 250 Nm @1500-3500 revs

Now that would be a nice motor... :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thanks Asterix, impressive numbers from a 1.4, but with supercharging & turbo they would probably increase the boost of the supercharger to put the squeeze on early & maybe larger turbo with more boost to but, i'm just guessing. trouble is your would probably need 98 octane down here that's the most expensive we have ( diesel cheaper than 98 )

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal