HP printers start rejecting budget ink cartridges

eye30 · 33 · 4736

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I only use my Epson Inkjet for photos - even using compatible cartridges its more expensive and a lot slower than my OKI C511dn LED Colour printer.

The OKI cost me around £200 and churns out high quality prints at about 30 pages per minute - double sided takes a bit longer. A set of original toner cartridges (One black and 3 colours) costs £488 and is good for 7000 black or 5000 colour prints - but I buy a set of compatible cartridges that cost £90 inc delivery and are just as good. My last black cartridge ran out at 7600 copies and the colour ones last between 4000 and 6000 copies.

Do the math - a laser like mine is cheaper to run, much faster and produces better print quality than any inkjet I have ever owned.

The current price of this OKI printer which comes loaded with 2000 page toners  is £192.
A set of 2000 page toners costs £275.

http://www.printerland.co.uk/OKI-C511dn-P122973.aspx

Before I came across my current supplier of compatible toners - I have twice bought a new printer, rather than toners, because it was cheaper. I then sold one printer for £50 and the other for £25.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
This thread is somehow reminiscent of the millennial virus thing which tried to convince us that the end of the world was neigh.....
Nay, it was nigh! :rofl:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I have a similar opinion of my Fuji-xerox colour laser Alan ... :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal