i30 Owners Club

2013 i30 Luxus Black Alloys

Offline sevenel_mx

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Central Coast, NSW
Hey guys,

So with my new 2013 i30 I really want to get some black alloy shoes on it as personally I love the look.

I have googled and ebayed for a set of 16"s so I could simply swap my tyres across (as they have only done 1500k's) but god forbid I can't find any that are what i'm looking for.

Any suggestions on where 16s could be found???
 I want nice simple plain blacks, no polished lip or anything like that.

While searching eBay I did come across these (attached photo) 17"s and simply FELL IN LOVE.
Issue is obviously I will have to buy new tyres if I can't find any similar 16s.

Also what type of effects will the 17s have on the car? And what size tire would I need to purchase for it to run at the same height as the 16's???

Also see second attachment for a quote for these rims ($490 no tyres) with prices for included rubber.

Are these prices reasonable???

I emailed the seller and he said the brand of the alloys is luxus. I googled but couldn't find much about them. Anyone have any experience???

Thanks guys, I know there are a lot of questions, but there is a lot I need answered :)

Cheers,
Ben
  • 2013 White Manual i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
They are nice. Without checking your previous posts don't know which model or colour you have but I reckon black with silver polished rim looks dressier.

I'm using a tablet for this post so may be missing some info. The 17's will firm up your ride, add some extra road noise and obviously replacement tyres are going to be dearer on an ongoing basis.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
sevenel_mx
  those prices look fairly good to me,If I remember correctly when I changed one of mine over to 17's,the whole set on tyres was like I say going from memory,set me back $1180,you are allowed to change the rolling radius of the factory wheels by only 3%,when I first got mine to stay legal in WA I ran 215/50/17's,I now run 215/45/17's as  these  seem to be the most common size used on the mid sized cars these days thus a little cheaper and easier to get than the 50's.

But be aware if you go to either 17's or18's 1/ you tend to harden up the ride and 2/ you are at greater risk of damaging tyres if you happen to hit any pot holes,I speak from experience by ruining two tyres in the past eight months on our beautifully maintained country roads,I have been in similar situations with our second I30,it has stock 16' factory mags and we have never damaged tyres on that one.

Bob Janes a good place to go too,they have all the software programs to give you all the correct information,plus they have a very goodselection of wheels and tyres in all different price ranges to suit your budget(and no I have no association with Bob Janes)

Oh and welcome to the forum,notsure whether I have welcomed you to the fun house before,you'll love your new car,I still get a kick out of driving our two and their both two years old now.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline sevenel_mx

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Central Coast, NSW
Attachments are probably missing as they dont show up on my phone.

I was reading sone old threads and there was a lot of talk about spacers and the like (which come with the alloys if you purchase them from a hyundai dealer) So just after some info on that.

My model is a 2013 i30GD Active, currently with the stock steel 16"s

I prefer the plain black for the look I'm going to be going after. Here is a little inspiration.

Thanks for the welcome and info Rick ;)

I'll give bob jane a look on the weekend, anywhere else worth a look, anything online?

• 2013 White Manual i30

Offline sevenel_mx

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Central Coast, NSW
Also these are the stats attached from the original ebay listing from the alloys I attached to the first post if this helps anyone "help me" decipher everything.

PACKAGE INCLUDES:
4 WHEELS WITH CENTRE CAPS

WHEEL SPEC:
SIZE: 17 x 7.5
PCD: 5H x 114.3
OFFSET: +45
CB: 73.1

Cheers
  • 2013 White Manual i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Looking at those spec's looks like they should bolt straight on,but having said that some mags you buy are not self centreing,as they are made to fit multipal vehicles with different hub centre
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal