i30 Owners Club

saw an ix35 today

2i30s · 13 · 2205

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i was up in the hills of mount Dandenong today and saw the new ix35,nice looking car.  :razz: it didn't have the glass roof but i assume it is an accessory item. it was a beautifully deep red color.  :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
i was up in the hills of mount Dandenong today and saw the new ix35,nice looking car.  :razz: it didn't have the glass roof but i assume it is an accessory item. it was a beautifully deep red color.  :cool:

Yes, there are a couple on display at my local dealer I will go in for a look when they are open (I believe only the top model gets the glass roof...)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i would have taken a pic with my mobile phone but all i could do was stare as it passed by.  :rolleyes:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I have seen a couple on the road .. they certainly stand out.. :cool:

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
Yea I went to the dealer a couple of weeks ago to take a look at it. Didn't go for a drive, was raining very hard and didn't want to dirty the car :) . Any way I didn't like the feel of the inside though. Not as soft as the i30, I was expecting something better than the i30 or at least at par, but unfortunately didn't live up to my expectations. The buttons felt a bit too plasticky, maybe I was expecting a bit too much :lol: . They didn't have the diesel at the moment.
But I did walk by a Santa Fe R2.2 oneday and the it sounded really refined really quite. So I expect the 2.0 to be the same.

Yes the highlander model gets the sunroof and something more than the Elite dun remember that well.

Oh there are three models, the Active (Manual and Auto), the Elite ( Auto Only), Highlander (Diesel and Auto only).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Nilesh for the heads up.. I will look at both the ix35 and the Sante Fe if they have one available.. Wonder how I would find the diesel versions of them to drive after my i30???

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
No probs Dazz...do let us know what you think bout it.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I have not seen one yet, but thought i would mention, i don't think i could live with a glass roof, the heat that genirates through my front window on the i30 onto my lap is bad enough. i don't think that's suitable for Australia. not to mention how would you get a replacement if broken.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
thats a good piont.  :eek:

Offline MelWA

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      W.A.

• MY09, SLX CRDI, Moonlight Blue, 5sp man
There was a write-up about the ix35 in yesterdays West Australian .  The Highlander variant sounds like quite a nice package for around $38,000 + ORC.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I had a good look at the ix35 in the flesh a couple of days ago (didn't bother asking for a drive) The sales guy in Devonport "Jayde" was genuinely excited by how popular they were and from the amount i've seen on the road already I believe him when he says they are selling really well..

I can see what Nilesh means about the interior (things do feel a bit firm but the seats are still comfortable) and it's interior looks a bit more modern and "snazzy" than the i30...

Unfortunately to get the diesel you need to go to atleast the 2nd tier "the Elite" which is 4WD with a good mix of equipment and costs a Hefty A$37,000 or $38,000 on the road in Tassie anyway..(The base model is only 2WD with steel wheels and quite a few goodies missing)

The Highlander with the glass roof is about A$4000 dearer at just under A$42,000 on the road but you also get Climate Control, Heated Front Seats with Full Leather , Electric Folding Mirrors, Rear View Camera, Larger 18" alloys and a better Audio with 6 Stack CD plus additional Amp and Subwoofer...plus a few other goodies (making it the model to have)

The R Diesel in the ix35 has 135Kw at 4000RPM and 392NM of Torque from 1800-2500RPM (Yum)

The base model Sante Fe is exactly the same price on the road as the Highlander...They are getting one in next week...and they only come with a 2.2 Diesel with 145kw and 421/436NM depending on the Transmission Type :eek:

Oh Yeah.. and the Roof has a blind which can be pulled across if the sun gets too hot...and the fuel tank only holds 55 litres which reduces the range a bit compared to the CRDi i30 seeing the Auto only diesel in the ix35 has ADR combined of 7.5
(The Sante Fe has a more practical 70 Ltr tank which gives a great range seeing as the Sante Fe also gets 7.5 ADR combined for the Auto and a low 6.7 for the Manual)

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
I wonder how many of the glass roof Highlanders were affected by the storms in Perth during the week?  Imagine the whole car filled with hail, glass and rain!?!?  I guess one thing is the roof glass can be replaced whereas the metal roof would need some serious panel work.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good point! I better also PM DB08 (Dave) over there (he has a sunroof!)  :'(

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal