i30 Owners Club

GD premium 2013 new tyres ?

Offline pistnbroke

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi guys, thinking of some new tyres for the car before winter, am in Melbourne. Still has the original Hankooks in good condition but a few chunks of rubber missing in various
spots on a couple of them.

Any suggestions on what would be good general use, preferably quiet, ok in the wet...Was just going to replace the front,  but may replace all 4 if a different tyre type/brand.

Was looking at new cars, but at the moment not going to bother with everything going on, wait times etc.... something for next year perhaps. Will keep this a little longer.

Thanks
  • i30 Premium

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
No matter how good your tyres look they have an age limit that you've more than exceeded. You should be changing at the 5 year mark regardless of the remaining tread - you need all 4. Literally anything will be an improvement over what you have due to the age. My recommendation would be Michelin Primacy or PS4 if you want a bit more sport. If you want more budget then Viking tyres from kmart (continental sub brand).

Offline pistnbroke

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Thanks for the reply, you are quite right they are old, hard when the car has only done 27,000 km. But yes the rubber does age, I will have a look at your suggestions :)
  • i30 Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal