i30 Owners Club

getz is gone in 2011

2i30s · 12 · 3688

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
yesterday i was in the dealers having the two cars serviced. while killing some time we went into the showroom for a look at the i20.the sales man told us that the getz was not going to be available next year in Australia,its being replaced by something else. [he couldn't say what with] we might get the i10 here sooner than we thought.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I would have expected the getz to have been replaced by the i20.

Now I must admit to not have ever really focussed on a getz as It never sold in any quantity here but I'd have thought the i10 was much smaller, its TINY at least on the outside. It's so small I chuckle when I see it's wheels.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I think they were hoping sales of the i20 (which IS getting good critical acclaim) would be higher and it would take over from the getz but being a bit dearer makes that a tall order (so they might be force fed to bring in the i10 afterall which they originally said wasn't going to happen!)  :razz:

Edit.. From what Lorian is saying between the i10 and the i20 they should be able to fill the hole..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the getz is selling very well in oz,but its gone next year. to me the both cars [i20 and getz] side by side in the yard looked very similar in size. IMHO.  :wink:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
My understanding in UK is the

i10 replaced the Amica

i20 replaces the Getz
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Funky

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
My understanding in UK is the

i10 replaced the Amica

i20 replaces the Getz

i30 Replaces the Accent

ix20 replaces the Matrix

Offline trev012

• 3rd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
I would have expected the getz to have been replaced by the i20.

Now I must admit to not have ever really focussed on a getz as It never sold in any quantity here but I'd have thought the i10 was much smaller, its TINY at least on the outside. It's so small I chuckle when I see it's wheels.

Now, do ANY Hyundais sell in quantity in the UK ??

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
my local Hyundai have always had plenty of i30's in the yard and there are heaps up here driving about. however since the release of the i20 i've yet to see a single one in the yard. i was going to check one out last service i had. i did see one off to the side once, i guess in there for servicing or something itself, but haven't seen one again since. possibly a geographical thing but there's certainly plenty of other small door hatches about ala the getz, festivas/fiestas, mazda's, holden whatsits. or not enough stock to keep any perhaps, but it makes me think they're just not popular. anywhoo
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think it is a bit of a catch 22. Down here things are a bit tight in car sales at the moment so I think the local Hyundai dealer runs on minimal floor stock. Not much of any model on display.. As snowcherry says there are plenty of i30's on the road now and so I think they are selling themselves but the i45 and i20 are only displayed in ones and twos .. no wonder they aren't breaking any records  :rolleyes:

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Maybe the i20 is in the wrong price point. Would sales change if they were say $1k cheaper?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Maybe the i20 is in the wrong price point. Would sales change if they were say $1k cheaper?

Hyundai is trying to push themselves up market and while by all accounts the i20 is a good car and better than the getz that extra 1000 or two is pushing it up into a more competetive segment (so I reckon you are probably right)

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly

possibly. but say for instance up here, if you're out shopping for a small car and you can't even see one let alone test drive one, then you're unlikely to buy one.  :confused:
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal