i30 Owners Club

cruise control problems follow up

Offline canbslrdl

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Riviere-du-Loup
For those who followed my earlier post about my cruise control not working after installing a touch screen head unit....well, after having techs looking at it at my local dealership, turns out that my unit might actually be the problem, drawing too much power and, in turn, prevents the c.c. to work properly.

Does anyone have specs on how much power the OEM radio and c.c. needs to operate properly??, so i can fix the problem
  • 2012 Elantra touring gls

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Depending on what other jobs the fuse does, the rating is usually a good indicator.

Not sure what the current draw of the head unit has to do with CC. All devices on the car, draw what they draw, end of story. The normal result of too much draw is blown fuses or wiring getting too hot.

If you supplied the head unit with power independently, would that allow CC to work  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline canbslrdl

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Riviere-du-Loup
that's is exactly what ill be doing this weekend, putting a relay from an independant power source to see if it does make a difference.  but i will also try to put back in the oem radio, before the relay,  to see if that fixes the problem

will keep up to date as I figure it out

Offline canbslrdl

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Riviere-du-Loup
after more searching and testing, it might seem that the remote starter that i had installed would appear to be causing the issue.  when starting my car normally, the cruise works fine, so far.  and when i use the remote starter, BEHOLD!! nothing happens and it needs a couple of cycles (start and stop) normally to get back on track

anyone in this crazy world have an insight, would be GRATELLY appreciated

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Remove the remote starter.  :D
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline bigwhitetruck1

• 2nd Gear
You could run a separate live direct from the battery and use the cable route shown in the fog light fitting instructions on mobis parts eu site

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal