i30 Owners Club

Android Auto swap

Offline Cackmobile

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
This week some idiot pull in front of me and wrote off my beloved 2008 fd. I'm thinking about getting a 2013 model. I really like android Auto and the 2015 and 2016 models have it. Does anyone know if you can transplant the head unit from an15/16 to a 13
  • I30 2008

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
This week some idiot pull in front of me and wrote off my beloved 2008 fd. I'm thinking about getting a 2013 model. I really like android Auto and the 2015 and 2016 models have it. Does anyone know if you can transplant the head unit from an15/16 to a 13

I reckon you can, but you've got to source one first (cheaply..) :cool:

P.S. Sorry to hear about your FD! :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Sad fate. Death penalty for doing that to an FD! :crazy1:

Good luck with the search. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Francois

• 1st Gear
Wondering this aswell, I already have the 'large screen' head unit with sat nav (2012 elite model). Did they give these a chip upgrade over the years? (whilst appearing identical on the outside)
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wondering this aswell, I already have the 'large screen' head unit with sat nav (2012 elite model). Did they give these a chip upgrade over the years? (whilst appearing identical on the outside)

If only it were that simple. Could even be a different manufacturer. Not sure which buttons you press to get info about the head unit on that version, but that would be a good start.

Then we need someone with a 2016 model to do the same thing and compare.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
No Android Auto on Nav units.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Cackmobile

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
I managed to source a radio from the wreckers. Took everything apart and they don't quite match. I plugged it in and it works except reverse camera and aerial. I should've taken a few more photos but there was what looked like an aerial still plugged in which I could work out how to remove and another iso plug which didn't have space to by plugged in. I took a photo of the top of my original unit. Unfortunately does tnot have a wiring diagram in it like the gd-03 I sourced. The one in the vehicle is a LAN1060ehgd
  • I30 2008

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal