i30 Owners Club

Down on power and no kickdown

Craig · 7 · 2668

Offline Craig

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
Ugh.

I thought it best to start a new thread for this. 

I got my brake fluid replaced today.  Got it back and all seemed well, until on the motorway it felt like the car was down on power, then when I tried to give it some beans it basically refused to kick-down. I was giving it nearly WOT and not a lot was happening.  Normally I barely need more than 1/4 throttle to get going pretty quick!

What could they have done to it??
  • 2010 i30 1.6 CRDi comfort auto (pre facelift) & 2017 Hyundai Ioniq hybrid

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
 :eek:

Your having fun with the vehicle aren't you?  With your stereo playing up too with the sound issues.   And the pinging that might have been brakes.

Sorry I can't give any advice based on experience - hopefully someone else will see it and have more of an idea.   But to cause a power issue due while changing the brake fluid - WTF?!?

I can only assume they have knocked/disconnected something, I would assume by accident.   Maybe a connection to a sensor?    Or maybe some air connection of some sought - which now is leaking in someway (so upsetting measurements - e.g. too rich/lean fuel to air ratio)?   If you have an OBDII scanner it might reveal something (not all fault codes trigger an indicator light on the dash).
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
@Craig

I just read this - may not be related at all... but down on power and not being able to give it some beans - sounds like a bit like no boost maybe?   Just the description of what symptom could be cause by certain issues seems quite a bit similar (and eerily timed response to someone with a slightly different problem).

:link: Black smoke when revving

Offline Craig

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
Sigh, I dunno.  I took it out this morning to see how she ran and....she ran perfectly :crazy1:

I suppose I'll chalk it up to my imagination right now.  :confused:  But I'll be watching for it from now on.

Btw, this is the same car that, only once about a year ago, suddenly stalled during an overtake.  Not even a hint of that issue since. 

Oh and the stereo seems fine now too  :Shocked:

I think I'll refrain from posting for a while lol
  • 2010 i30 1.6 CRDi comfort auto (pre facelift) & 2017 Hyundai Ioniq hybrid

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Sigh, I dunno.  I took it out this morning to see how she ran and....she ran perfectly :crazy1:

I suppose I'll chalk it up to my imagination right now.  :confused:  But I'll be watching for it from now on.

Btw, this is the same car that, only once about a year ago, suddenly stalled during an overtake.  Not even a hint of that issue since. 

Oh and the stereo seems fine now too  :Shocked:

I think I'll refrain from posting for a while lol

You seem to have a rather active and varied imagination!  :lol:

Anyway I doubt it is - but the response to another topic (high-beam use turning off radio) due to the odd issues you are having could apply.   Could be 'power regulation' - e.g. how good is your battery? and how is the alternator going?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Posting your issues on the forum seems to solve your problems. The benefits of being a forum  member  :D
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Posting your issues on the forum seems to solve your problems. The benefits of being a forum  member  :D

Ahh this appears to be true - just doesn't seem to happen for all members... would be a lot cheaper to fix stuff if it did  :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal