i30 Owners Club

2013 and 2014 build trophy

Offline Villa_23

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Hi I was just wondering if there was any difference between a 2013 built i30 trophy and a 2014 built

Cheers
  • I30 trophy

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
1 year  :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
As far as I know there are no changes cosmetically or in regards to mechanical, features & accessories, could be a price difference.  :)   
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Villa_23

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Yeh there is a price difference I'm just trying to work out if it worth it as I have the choice of either
  • I30 trophy

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Yeh there is a price difference I'm just trying to work out if it worth it as I have the choice of either

My daughter has had her 2013 built first registered 2014  i30 just on 5 weeks and loves it where as I have had to wait several weeks for the 2014 , I was unable to get a 2013 in the colour I wanted and I still have to wait until the end of April or the beginning of May for the 2014. Personally I think if you have desires to keep the car for a fair while , trade in price would be minimal between a 2013 build and a 2014 ( seems to only make a difference when buying ). I would have had no problem getting a 2013 build had there been one available in the colour required. Other forum members may differ on their thoughts as this is only my opinion. In the end of course it is your personal feelings that count and I am sure you will make the right decision , either way I did a lot of research on the i30 before deciding to buy one and I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Good Luck. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Villa_23

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Yeh I negotiated a price with the dealer for a 2014 but when the dealer rang up to confirmed the delivery date they told me it was for a 2013 so now I'm back to renegotiating.
  • I30 trophy

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Yeh I negotiated a price with the dealer for a 2014 but when the dealer rang up to confirmed the delivery date they told me it was for a 2013 so now I'm back to renegotiating.

Put the hard word on them and tell them you believed their price was for the 2014 and you are willing to sign the contract for a 2014 at that price and see what happens, that is what I would do ,let them know you are genuine and ready to do business if they are. Best of luck. :)
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
What John Said!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Ah! but you can get a 2013 which is classed as a 2014,depending on when they actually gt the Australian compliance put on it,I have two 2011's but one was in fact built in 2010 but is not classed as a 2010,I only picked it up when we got our second I30 a few months after the first and under the bonnet it was totally different.very noticable.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
If I was paying for a 2014, I'd be wanting one built in 2014.....  :undecided:
I know it seems trivial now but when it comes time to sell you'll be offered less if it was built the year before....

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Yeah, never pay 2014 price for a 13. I payed $3, 100 less than the value they had put on the car for my 2013 GD active. Gave me $1100 discounts on $3000 worth of options,  and $1000 off a set of alloy wheels. Make them bend over. They have more play room with negotiations then they lead on
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal