i30 Owners Club

i30 Malaysia / Hong Kong

Offline pawl007

• 2nd Gear
Hi Everyone

Have spent the last 2 weeks in Malaysia and Hong Kong. Missed my beautiful diesel, which may sound ridiculous, but we only have just taken possession of it and I really have enjoyed the whole experience of driving it on Oz roads. Strangely, in scanning the roads in both countries we visited, I didn't see one i30. For a car that has won so many awards I am amazed that there hasn't been a marketing exercise in these areas. Any ideas anyone???

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Import taxes (protecting local car manufaacturers) make the i30 price prohibitive.

From an old thread:

It's a full import from Ullsan, Korea, what they call in local jargon a CBU (completely built-up unit). Most Malaysians think we are mad to pay RM95,000 for a Korean-made car. But my wife decided that most Japanese cars sold here are under-specced and over-priced. The i30 is highly underrated in Malaysia, I am afraid.

Offline pawl007

• 2nd Gear
Yes that's true but that tariff applies also to many other types of cars like the Toyotas, Mercs etc which are very common in both those countries. Finally home; the new gal was a bit dusty; giving her the big suds and wash today :)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
i wish i could wash my car... its been raining here all weekend :(

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
just do it in the rain,i have before.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
yer but then you drive it and it gets filthy in the 1st km!!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal