i30 Owners Club

i30 sold, What next!

CraigB · 6 · 1148

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It's been 10 great years of ownership but I've finally moved on and sold the toy, except for a timing cover leak at 8 years and a dicky window switch it's been an exceptional and reliable car.

The new owner was quite amazed how I'd managed to keep the car in such good condition for ten years, better than new if I'm honest.

Interests are changing and I'm enjoying the motorcycle more and more so have decided to purchase a second bike for commuting around town in crap weather so the Interceptor stays clean and also start doing some adventure tour camping.

Possibly a lot of way off the beaten track exploring to be done so small to mid size adventure bikes will be my target, Maybe the upcoming Himalayan 450 once it's spec's become available or even a Honda crf 300 rally would suit my needs :undecided:

Lite go anywhere bikes with tractor factor capabilities are what I'm currently focusing on though there's plenty more research to be done yet :)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 14:47:01 by CraigB »

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
I hope I will enjoy the same reliability with mine as you have done with yours. 

So, will you now only own and ride motorbikes or do you have another car secreted away?
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

So, will you now only own and ride motorbikes or do you have another car secreted away?
Hi Terry, I've no need for a car these days, rego and fuel is so much cheaper with the bike and traffic congestion is a thing of the past :D

Maybe one day in the future I might decide to get a car again, though only if I'm ever unable to ride.

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

Hi Terry, I've no need for a car these days, rego and fuel is so much cheaper with the bike and traffic congestion is a thing of the past :D

Maybe one day in the future I might decide to get a car again, though only if I'm ever unable to ride.   

Ok.  Well, that's not the usual transition I see for motorbike/car owners in later life.  Usually, I only hear the other way: "The bike went and I've moved to a car.".  Anyways, good luck with your search.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Ok.  Well, that's not the usual transition I see for motorbike/car owners in later life.  Usually, I only hear the other way: "The bike went and I've moved to a car.".  Anyways, good luck with your search.
What do you mean "later life" :eek: I'm still a spring chicken at 53 :D

If I'm lucky enough to follow our family genetics I should be quite active for another 30-40 years, then I might think about a car...might be a flying one by then :lol:

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
What do you mean "later life" :eek: I'm still a spring chicken at 53 :D

Mate, it's all relative.  Ask a teenager how old "53" is and they'll tell you it's older than Santa Claus!  Ask a 65-y-o cougar and she'll tell it's a "yummy" age!  ;)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal