i30 Owners Club

Tuning Box for i30 Diesel

ryane · 6 · 2810

Offline ryane

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney: Blue mountains
Hey guys,  i  know this topic has been asked about a few times but i was just after an update advice with tunning boxes

I was wondering if any one had any advice for a Tuning Chip\box for a 2009 i30 CRDI,.... Ive read allot of the posts on here, which are a bit old so that is why I'm asking again.

Basically I'm just after a bit more power and torque down low through the first 3 gears, and hey if more economy comes as a result too, even better.

Currently averaging 1000kms per tank, mostly high way driving cause of  work. have racked up 31k  on the clock in just 12 months

If any one could recommend a good box\chip for a decent price would be great.  More so ones that can be purchased in australia as that is where i live currently.

Thanks heaps...

PS loving this site wish i was a member earlier

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Glad you like the site .. :goodjob: Hope you get some good help  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Some people can't say much coz they don't want to compromise warranties. Let me just say that today I had to do a journey, far away across town and back. When I left the l/100k was 5.6\100k. I drove down the freeway and at the end of this I had 5.4. Then 40 minutes of urban driving and on arrival, 5.3. The return journey including a 380m vertical hill climb and return on the freeway @ 110kph, pulled into the drive showing 5.3, this is an auto vehicle too. What can I say  :exclaim: :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline ryane

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney: Blue mountains
Totally understand what you mean about the warranty side of things.. I know how strict hyundai are... Im having my car looked at by the dealer on monday for a loud knocking in the steering, freaking out a  bit cause the previous owner missed ( or didnt get logged book stamped) for their  30 thousand km service and.. i bought it with 36 thousand on the lock, got it serviced  straight away but they stamped the 40k scheduled section so i am a bit nervous they will knock the warranty back cause of that.... Hopefully they dont as i cant see how a oil and filter change could affect my steering column.

That is fantastic milage!!!! how do you rate the auto's? thinking of  upgrading  the mrs's car to the new i30 but she only does autos?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Well, it's not perfect. Gear changes are smooth but occasionally it hold 3rd gear a bit longer than I'd like, generally on a cold engine, but certainly not enough to be problematic though. The new I30 is six speed and has had great reviews so far. It's early days for the current model world wide, but I expect it is a good as the rest of the car. I just like autos and am happy with the 4 in our family, (2 Hyundai's & 2 others).  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I think you should be ok regarding the steering it is a known issue and as you say there is no way they can argue a late service caused it... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal