i30 Owners Club

Odometer illumination issues

Offline maresworth

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Having issues with the odo display it is fully illuminated when i start driving then slowly fades after half an hour it is completely gone.  Any ideas. ..?
  • 2012 i30 hatch

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Don't have your model car, but on the FD there is an instrument light adjuster on the rhs panel below the steering wheel. Have you tried moving that, otherwise, dealer warranty.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

ouri30
Haven't noticed your issue in ouri30.  Have noticed that the illumination intensity is different when the headlights are on than in daylight.  Brighter in daylight, intensity reduced when headlights are on.  Yes, and then there is an adjuster on the right of the steering wheel (RHD vehicle).

Offline maresworth

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
thanks for replies its an fd 2012 have tried the the dimmer doesnt make any diff , off to the dealer i guess
  • 2012 i30 hatch

Offline Geothe50

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sandringham, VIC
Having issues with the odo display it is fully illuminated when i start driving then slowly fades after half an hour it is completely gone.  Any ideas. ..?

Sorry, can't offer any advice but I have noticed a similar behaviour in our 2013 GD hatch. It seems correlated with the ambient lighting changes during the twilight periods. I did not consider it serious enough to take the car back to the dealer but will keep an eye on it.
  • Subaru Forester, i30 Elite 1.8L Petrol Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal