inmn · 53 · 23234

Offline inmn

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gippsland
http://www.caradvice.com.au/86291/hyundai-my2011-upgrades/
 2011 Hyundai i30

2011 hyundai i30cw 02a

The popular Hyundai i30 gets some minor cosmetic updates in the form of black headlamp bezels, plus a dark silver finish for the mid-spec SLX's 16-inch rims. Wagon variants get silver roof rails.

Inside, Bluetooth connectivity is standard on all models and a one-touch triple turn signal is fitted to the i30 SLX and i30 SR.

A follow-home headlight function has also been added to all models.

* Click below to read TMR's review of the Hyundai i30
http://themotorreport.com.au/news/review+hyundai-i30

All variants bar the i30 SR and i30cw Sportswagon undergo a $200 price rise, however dealership drive-away pricing of $19,990 has been retained for the entry-level i30 SX.

My i30cw has the black headlamp bezels and has the silver roof rails. It was built in May 2010.
It doesn't have bluetooth and one-touch triple turn signal and also lacks the follow-home headlight function.

• Can anyone explain to me what the one-touch triple turn signal is???
  • Do the follow-home headlights respond to the steering position to point the headlight beam at the appropriate angle?

[deleted]

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Can anyone explain to me what the one-touch triple turn signal is???
Do the follow-home headlights respond to the steering position to point the headlight beam at the appropriate angle?

One touch triple turn signal gives three quick flashes then disengages.. assume for passing and cutting back in (or taking an off road)

Follow home headlights leaves the headlights on for 30 seconds after you lock the car at night so you can see to get to your house door (or wherever)

Haven't got either but believe that to be the story...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i didn't know that either dazz,thanks for the info.  :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• 2019 N-line i30, back in 2011 SLX i30cw diesel
I noticed that says bluetooth is standard??? Does that include Australia? I was told that was an optional upgrade? of course all their documentation relates to the MY10 not MY11..

Offline de Bounce

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Thomastown
My Australian delivered MY11 has:
one touch indicators (three flashes)
'follow me home' lights. When the lights are left in the on position, they stay on for 30 seconds after the car is locked and come on when the car is unlocked. (got them disabled by the dealer)
black surrounds to the headlights
in SLX trim, bronze rims
Photo's here

As far as I can find, there is no bluetooth.
  • 2010 MY11 FD SLX CW 1.6 CRDi in Clear Blue

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
thats a pitty, no bluetooth! how does bluetooth work in a car? (LOL you can tell i dont use things like that)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

thats a pitty, no bluetooth! how does bluetooth work in a car? (LOL you can tell i dont use things like that)

It does two things in my hybrid (Shut your face Snowcherry  :wink:)

Once your phone is pared up with the Stereo .. you can make and receive hands free phone calls through the stereo..

and it will play all the mp3s on your mobile wirelessly... :D

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

I use it to make and receive calls through the stereo, as the playing of mp3s through the stereo on my current car is only mono :-(

I believe in the i30 the number of the caller (or name) will show up on the radio/cd player screen.. Can't say yet for certain as still waiting for car..

I was just wondering if I was ripped off paying $500 extra for it, other than being a little pricey.. lol

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
probably not ripped off when you DONT get a fine for being on the phone whilst driving!!!

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

OK got to the bottom of it...

There are TWO my11's, the ones talked about above are not available in Australia for dealers as yet, they are just about to come in..

That is why 'de Bounce' has an MY11 and it has the other my11 features (bronze rims, black headlight surrounds etc) but doesn't have the bluetooth integrated stereo.. Mine is also in that category, hence I paid for bluetooth to be added..

Very confusing situation from Hyundai Australia..

Offline clackerz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Drivin' round Melbournes SE 'burbs in a Black SLX
I use it to make and receive calls through the stereo, as the playing of mp3s through the stereo on my current car is only mono :-(

I believe in the i30 the number of the caller (or name) will show up on the radio/cd player screen.. Can't say yet for certain as still waiting for car..

I was just wondering if I was ripped off paying $500 extra for it, other than being a little pricey.. lol

Have you had any probs with yours?  I've taken mine back twice now only to be told there's nothing wrong, but tell that to everyone I call!  I've tried 4 different phones (inc diff.brands) and all with the same result.
Apparently it's very hard to understand, alot of feedback, reverb, echo on it, but from my end the other person is clear as a bell.
I've got my 7500km service coming up, so I'll have to put my foot down this time.

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Mine hasn't been delivered yet, my current one (in my civic) is wired in to the speakers too (called an egotalk)... It was a little cheaper as it wasn't from the dealer and works fine 95% of the time, it does have bad days sometimes, but generally good.. I heard the i30 one is generally pretty good but has more echo if you are stationary, it's better when driving, maybe it overcompensates when there is less background noise??

If I was you I would be taking it back too, and will if I have similar problems...

Offline dino

• 2nd Gear
Interesting updates.

Leasing company ordered my i30 SX today. I'm really worried now as to which MY the dealer is going to give me and how long the wait will be. I really hope the MY11 does have the bluetooth as standard. I am in Australia if that helps.

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Yeah I am Australia too, the first MY11 does not have bluetooth standard, the second does but Hyundai told me today they doubt they will be delivered until december(ish)..

It is a crappy situation for the dealers as the first MY11 is barely a few months old and then they change the specs, call it the same thing (i.e. still MY11 not even officially MY11b or something) and leave thousands of the previous MY11 for the dealers to sell, despite the newer one being announced and confusing customers.

Offline dino

• 2nd Gear
So what is the difference between the two MY11's then in the SX model?

I added cruise control as an option, btw.

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

In the cw's the difference between the two MY11s isn't much, just the bluetooth I think, which is going to be standard across the entire range as it is part of the stereo..

Yeah I couldn't live without cruise control anymore ;-)

Offline dino

• 2nd Gear
Reckon the bt is worth holding out for?

I think the only thing that might be worth holding out for is the steering wheel controls if they made that standard on the SX hatch.

Starting to regret not going SLX now...

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

LOL, the grass is always greener I began to think I should have saved the money and gone for the SX...

As far as i know they haven't added those controls to the SX.. the hold out thing can go forever though, if you wait till December maybe just wait until next year and even bigger changes may come along?  They also said the cost of the car will go up along with the Bluetooth addition, so maybe better off without it..

Offline dino

• 2nd Gear
Haha there you go then.

I think I might invest in the Parrot CX3000 and be done with it. And chuck that on the empty space on the steering wheel where the controls are meant to be.

Works out cheaper too...

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
blue tooth sounds good!

but if your like me, you cant find your phone half the time, and when you do get a call and your driving you accidently hang up hahahah

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Thats one bluetooth advanatge I don't need to find my phone as long as it is in the car I just hit the answer button on the bluetooth controls..  :lol:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
so long as you have "syncd" it first i guess...

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

True, but you only have to sync (pair) manually once, from then on they are associated and if BT is on in the phone it will auto-pair each time I get in the car.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
wow... i never knew that! great bit of info that is!!!

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Just as an aside, am I alone in thinking the light sliver roof racks on the new I30Cw's look crappy compared with the dark silver on the old ones? What were they thinking?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my wife's cw roof bars are black.

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

and on a white car I think the black would look the best, but on black I think the light silver may work well.. shame you can't choose..  8)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

and on a white car I think the black would look the best, but on black I think the light silver may work well.. shame you can't choose..  8)

Are they easy to whip off and spray paint?  :idea:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
im sure they are held on with screws or allen key bolts.

Offline DaveCRDi

• 2nd Gear
The MY 2011 model i30 in the UK seems to be completely different to the Australian one..

Here's the UK version:

Changes include:

Different front bumper/grille (wider and more aggressive looking), with front fog lamps now standard (previously only on the Premium model) (basically the same as the edition version)

Side-skirts as standard (again, similar to the edition)

Different rear bumper (like the edition but without the fake exhausts)

No CRDi badge on the front wings, but a CRDi badge on the tailgate instead.

Stiffer suspension

Gear change indicator (tells you when to shift up or down)

New gearstick (leather)

Not sure if this is just mine, but the gearbox is smoother in 1st, 2nd and 3rd than the old one.

Sadly we don't get Bluetooth as standard..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal