One more video (police radar also)

accim · 13 · 3713

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
So, here's the video I made last day (the same day and place I made those pictures if you can remember). Check out the video at 8:40 or 8:45 ;)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
He was hiding...  now around these parts they deny hiding and say that they are only interested in accident prevention.   So, logic would suggest, you don't hide but stay highly visible as a deterrent

:Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
He was hiding...  now around these parts they deny hiding and say that they are only interested in accident prevention.   So, logic would suggest, you don't hide but stay highly visible as a deterrent

:Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

HUh that one was actually quite visible. Sometimes (often) they are really hidden and need some time to get out of the bush and stop you :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
He was a bit camoflaged though! I assume that little van was his vehicle ... How would he catch you if you were speeding? Mostly cameras over here... :cool:

I enjoyed that video .. Looks like an interesting place. :goodjob:

The CRDi sounds quite powerful  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

He was a bit camoflaged though!

Speaking of camouflage........ :whistler:

A later assessment of this tactic found it was not entirely effective, as although one cyclist's life had been saved 3 police officers had died from snakebite and another lost a limb due to frostbite  :whistler:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
He was a bit camoflaged though!

Speaking of camouflage........ :whistler:

A later assessment of this tactic found it was not entirely effective, as although one cyclist's life had been saved 3 police officers had died from snakebite and another lost a limb due to frostbite  :whistler:

:lol: If only.....

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Naughty
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
So, here's the video I made last day (the same day and place I made those pictures if you can remember). Check out the video at 8:40 or 8:45 ;)

:rofl:  that one reminded me of the way Russian road police work: to hide themself somewhere unseen for the traffic and wait for any driver who would break the rule. In such circumstances the drivers who have spotted those policemen warn others by flashing with headlights (that was said in one of my thread before).
Those guys in the video seem to have passed an on job training in Russia. :lol:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
the drivers who have spotted those policemen warn others by flashing with headlights

See this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343959/Driver-flashed-headlights-warn-motorists-speed-trap-fined.html

A driver has been convicted of a criminal offence for flashing his headlights at oncoming motorists to warn them of a police speed trap ahead.

and this

http://www.wheels.ca/columns/article/798892

A Guelph man was pulled over and ticketed after trying to warn other motorists about a speed trap.

Police observed the 71-year-old motorist driving eastbound on Wellington Street West at about 2:45 p.m. on Saturday, flashing his lights to warn westbound traffic of a trap set up by members of the Guelph Police Service’s traffic unit near Imperial Road South.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Flashing the lights is quite normal here too, but nowadays it's not being "used". People are just different now. Before, you could see flashing all the time, when police was around. I'm not saying if I was speeding a lot and then you might think to yourself: "Okay, he's an idiot, he should be stopped and his license should be taken", but if you see, someone is driving normally or if you estimate, he's driving let's say 10 km/h over, then why not flash, just to warn him. Luckily, I was driving almost exactly 50 km/h there. If I had been driving 70, 80 km/h, which can be easily done there, that would be some ticket. Speeding in urban areas is here quite expensive and you can say goodbye to your license very quickly :) Highways no, but urban areas, yes.

Flashing is not that against the law here, I sometimes flash and the police sees me, but never had any problems with it so far ;)

As for the cars. There were 2 police cars parked there. White Renault Kangoo and you can just barely see the VW Touareg on the right. Look ->

I have few more videos from that trip, but didn't have the time to post them yet. But I will if you don't mind :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the explanations accim.. very interesting (more videos would be fine)  :goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
It's an offence here in Australia too. :fum:

Just one more way to rip "cash cow" motorists off......... :mad:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal