i30 Owners Club

addition of cruise control FD

Offline gilad tselniker

• 1st Gear
hi, i have a 2011 i30 inspire (FD) LHD with only radio controls on the steering wheel.
i was wondering if purchasing the cruise control buttons and adding them to the steering wheel (and connecting any wires) will make my i30 have cruise control?
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Hatch, Gas 1.6, Auto, Gray

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
hi, i have a 2011 i30 inspire (FD) LHD with only radio controls on the steering wheel.
i was wondering if purchasing the cruise control buttons and adding them to the steering wheel (and connecting any wires) will make my i30 have cruise control?

Unfortunately, it is nowhere near that simple.. There is a thing called a clock spring in the steering wheel which may be different in your non cruise model and the cruise control module wherever that may be, is unlikely to be present as well.

These links may be of some help although our cars are made in Korea, your is most likely built in the Czech factory so some specs could be different.

:link: Cruise Control

A thread about a similar model
:link: i30 SW 2011 Czech model cruise control diagram?

Don't know if the links in this thread are current..

:link: How to add cruise control on i30 2008 1.6 crdi

and a couple more.. (you may be in luck)

:link: Fitting Cruise Control ....... 1.4 FD CW (Petrol model)

:link: DIY Cruise control /Volume

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Muzz258

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Timaru
If your car is a Diesel, it is a straight forward job of installing the correct clock spring and steering wheel buttons.  The diesel throttle body is electronically controlled.

If you car is a Petrol, you have to also install the cruise control module under the bonnet/hood and connect it to the throttle body.  The Petrol throttle body is controlled by an accelerator cable.

I have driven both petrol and Diesel FD's with cruise control.  The Diesel cruise control is excellent due to it electronic control.  Very quick to change for changes in hills etc.  The Petrol cruise control is OK on the flat straight roads, but is a waste of time when you hit the hills.  It's ability to quickly control for hill changes is just too slow.
  • 2015 GD i30 1.6L CRDI Wagon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks very much @Muzz258

Great info!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal