Practice Safe Texts

AlanHo · 41 · 8812

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Just look at what society has come down to. Here we go again - treating the symptoms rather than the disease.

Who on earth is going to be inclined to spend good money on this safe texts protection. Surely it would be more sensible to not have texts while standing up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22631731
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :disapp: What a joke.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Httrfgrfgfhcvgg

Bang.

Just hit another lamp pist
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
How long before there is a law against it,,,,,, and an appropriate fine, of course.  :Pout: :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I imagine that in the UK they are already planning to install text cameras along city pavements to catch errant unsafe texters.

A £60 fine plus 3 points on your walking licence or pay £85 and attend a safe texting awareness course in lieu of a fine.

Why should pedestrians be treated more favourably than motorists - after all we pay road tax and they pay bugger all for using pavements and road crossings.  Not only that - pedestrians should be made to have registration plates FRONT and back. :evil:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :rofl: :goodjob:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
However, there are SOME pedestrians who should not have plates on their fronts!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
The bloke looking at that lovely view was thinking "Tits a lovely day"  :whistler:

As for the texting bit of the thread,I must be the only abnormal one here If I get a text I ignore it until I can either stand or sit out the way and read it and if needed to reply to it,I'm a bloke I can't do two things at one time
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:18:23 by Nice Bloke (Really) »
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I don't own a mobile phone. :happydance:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Yes you have mentioned that once before,Dunno how you do it,I couldn't stand trying to look for a phone box these days,plus if you do find one you never know what scungy desease you could get from it
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Yes you have mentioned that once before,Dunno how you do it,I couldn't stand trying to look for a phone box these days,plus if you do find one you never know what scungy desease you could get from it
I haven't seen a phonebox in years. I'm just offline when I'm between places. That's how things used to be and there's no reason for it to be unreasonable today. :cool:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Pretty sure Dave (DB08) posted that he got abused by some woman who stepped off the curb in front of his car while she was texting. Something along the lines of "WTF. Can't you SEE I'm texting?"
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
It was Alan Ho and a little more expletive than that.  :snigger:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
boy she wouldn't have wanted to let rip at me I can tell you,I would have been out the car and in her face in a second

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
It was Alan Ho and a little more expletive than that.  :snigger:
Yeah. I remember now.  :goodjob2:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I thought I was having mammary memory problems for a minute there.  :eek:
As correctly reported, 'twas not me, but 'twas AH.
TITS (The Irresistable Texting Syndrome)  is very common now.
If people hear a beep or feel a slight vibration in their pocket, they have no control over their actions and must look at it immediately.
I think there will be specific clinics set up in the future to treat this insidious disease.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I thought I was having mammary memory problems for a minute there.  :eek:
As correctly reported, 'twas not me, but 'twas AH.
TITS (The Irresistable Texting Syndrome)  is very common now.
If people hear a beep or feel a slight vibration in their pocket, they have no control over their actions and must look at it immediately.
I think there will be specific clinics set up in the future to treat this insidious disease.

I don't suffer from TITS,manboobs maybe but not TITS,I can't even feel the slight vibration in mine anymore  :whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
OK Rick, I just have to ask, what would you do.

Quote from AlanHo

"Today I went to a local retail park. The road entrance to the park has railings at the kerb from the main road and along the retail park entrance road for several yards before a pedestrian crossing.  This is to stop pedestrians crossing the road at the junction.

As I turned into the retail park a young woman in her 30's was walking in the slip road towards me on the wrong side of the barriers with head bent down texting on a mobile phone. I stopped - expecting her to walk to the side of the car - but she didn't and walked straight into the front of my car and finished bent over the bonnet.

I got out to see if she was OK to be met by a tirade of abuse which roughly translated was "Why didn't you blow your f......g horn you c..t - you must have seen I was busy texting"

Fortunately there was no damage to the car - or to the young "lady"

I exaggerate not a jot - she was totally immersed in a world of her own-  and it was all "my" fault."

:whistler: :mrgreen:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Quote from AlanHo

"Today I went to a local retail park. The road entrance to the park has railings at the kerb from the main road and along the retail park entrance road for several yards before a pedestrian crossing.  This is to stop pedestrians crossing the road at the junction.

As I turned into the retail park a young woman in her 30's was walking in the slip road towards me on the wrong side of the barriers with head bent down texting on a mobile phone. I stopped - expecting her to walk to the side of the car - but she didn't and walked straight into the front of my car and finished bent over the bonnet.

I got out to see if she was OK to be met by a tirade of abuse which roughly translated was "Why didn't you blow your f......g horn you c..t - you must have seen I was busy texting"

I exaggerate not a jot - she was totally immersed in a world of her own-  and it was all "my" fault."

Yes Rick, what would you do?  :foottap:  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Believe me Phil I would have been outta the car faster than she could have responded,she wouldn't have had time to abuse me,I would have finally left her bewildered with the statement thank your lucky stars your not a bloke,I hate idiots and their mobile phones,they can always accidentally fall from the users hands too and become stuck on the bottom of my work boot as well,wouldn't be the first time,is up to the phone owner to prove it wasn't an accident

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Quote from AlanHo

Yes Rick, what would you do?  :foottap:  :lol:
though you were expecting a rather crude answer no I have answered Phil,believe me I have had similar situations,I'm not adverse to smashing a phone accidentally

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

That's a horrible thing to accuse me of Rick.  :Shocked:
I have feelings too you know.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
But you're a Nice Bloke (Really).   :snigger:

Yes, I couldn't believe it when Alan 1st posted. A pedestrian walking on a carriageway, impacts a stationary vehicle, under her own steam and abuses the driver, don't get me started, either. :evil:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
That's a horrible thing to accuse me of Rick.  :Shocked:
I have feelings too you know.  :lol:

Just to give you something to think about if she was bent over my bonnet,I would come up from behind and assist her up with a stiff helping hand,but only if Sue wasn't with me  :whistler:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Wouldn't that be braking and entering?  :undecided:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Oh!so many ways I could respond,but I'll control my erge  :whistler:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery

I haven't seen a phonebox in years. I'm just offline when I'm between places. That's how things used to be and there's no reason for it to be unreasonable today. :cool:

:whsaid:
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
I have pulled two pedestrians back onto the kerb after they walked out in front of vehicles oblivious. I have a theory. I think this is an evolutionary step, a subtle Darwinian attempt at thinning out the gene pool.

Maybe there's no need to save people from their stupidity and nature will take its course and thin the herd.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Keith maybe all those years ago that is why we where given the mobile phone,the human race is in need of thinning out

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I thought that was why we had motorcycles?  :undecided:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal