i30 Owners Club

Rudd in....

Doggie 1 · 61 · 13209

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Start praying.  :neutral:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Well, I suppose Tony's human too :D

I really want this bloke driving the bus. :Shocked:

:rofl:
That's a quite funny Labor propaganda video.
Fact is he's no dummy, he's a Rhodes scholar with particular views and happens to be leader of the Liberals, and hopefully, the country come the election.

Tony actually said everything on the video, Dave. Poor old Bernie Bamkin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:12:06 by Ugly Mongrel »
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Looks like Julia's "Big New Tax" wasn't that bad after all. :whistler:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

I know a few supposedly intelligent people and they can still be as dumb as dog shit....  :whistler:

And God help us if Abbott becomes the next PM....  :head_butt:

You've got that right, rusynutz...on both counts. :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Don't start me because I've got better things to do than bring out videos of all the lies told by Gillard & Rudd.
That video was just a compilation made to make Tony Abbott look bad of course, with much of it out of context.
I'm a Liberal supporter, you're a Labor supporter. Come election time, hopefully (from my point of view) the Libs get in and are able to start (again) the job of cutting expenditure to reel in the massive debt created by Labor after having gone into office with a large surplus left by the Libs and having spent/wasted not only that, but billions more, to the point where we are not even able to pay our daily interest payments and are borrowing even more money to pay the repayments.
Trust me, we won't have our AAA credit rating for long if the ALP get back in.
It's no wonder the mindless masses vote Labor because they think only of themselves but our country cannot afford to keep going the way we are.
Liberal aren't perfect, far from it, and they make mistakes, of course, but IMO Labor are reckless in the extreme and have just about completely stuffed this country. For my children's sake and my grand children's sake, it has to be turned around.
Always the same scenario so here we go again.  ;)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Dave, firstly I am not part of the "mindless masses". I am, like you, am an intelligent, mature Aussie. And I don't think just of myself. I am well aware of the massive social reform Labor has made in this country, reforms like superannuation and Medicare that help ALL Aussies, including you. Reforms that the Liberals fought against.

Secondly, my reason for posting "Labor propaganda" videos of Tony was in response to Dazzler's videos of Kev having a couple of hissy fits. Bit of the old goose & gander stuff if you thing about it.

The other thing I believe the videos show is that the man who wants to lead our country is just as adapt at being as big a piece of nasty works as he criticised Julia Gillard being.

How can it be "out of context" if he said it? Maybe Bernie Bamkin's widow can tell me why Bernie wasn't "pure at heart" enough for Tony's liking. Or perhaps Lance Corporal Jared MacKinney's family can enlighten me as to why Tony thought his death was just a "shit happens" moment. When asked to explain how his comment was taken "out of context"...well, we all know how well that went.

Pip
.. cutting expenditure to reel in the massive debt created by Labor after having gone into office with a large surplus left by the Libs and having spent/wasted not only that, but billions more, to the point where we are not even able to pay our daily interest payments and are borrowing even more money to pay the repayments.
Got an independant citation to support these statements? I hear the LNP say this but then I hear other commentators say out debt is manageble and sensible for the times.

I'm a Liberal supporter, you're a Labor supporter.
I realise this wasn't directed to me but I just want to point out that neither of these assertions are true of me. I vote according to my perception of who will be the better government. I will say though it's unlikely to be for Tony's side this time.  :wacko:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

.. cutting expenditure to reel in the massive debt created by Labor after having gone into office with a large surplus left by the Libs and having spent/wasted not only that, but billions more, to the point where we are not even able to pay our daily interest payments and are borrowing even more money to pay the repayments.
Got an independant citation to support these statements? I hear the LNP say this but then I hear other commentators say out debt is manageble and sensible for the times.

Are you saying you don't believe that to be the case??? :undecided:  Where have you been? Do your research on the nation's financial status then and now.

I'm a Liberal supporter, you're a Labor supporter.
I realise this wasn't directed to me but I just want to point out that neither of these assertions are true of me. I vote according to my perception of who will be the better government. I will say though it's unlikely to be for Tony's side this time.  :wacko:

You're right, it wasn't directed at you.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

How can it be "out of context" if he said it? Maybe Bernie Bamkin's widow can tell me why Bernie wasn't "pure at heart" enough for Tony's liking. Or perhaps Lance Corporal Jared MacKinney's family can enlighten me as to why Tony thought his death was just a "shit happens" moment. When asked to explain how his comment was taken "out of context"...well, we all know how well that went.

Out of context because you didn't show the bits on either side of the comment.

As for the "Shit happens" comment, I agree it was a bad choice of words.
But what do you think he meant, Terry?
Do you really think he was having a go at the family in that situation or do you think he was trying to show some compassion?
What do you think?  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Would now be a good time to discuss religion.  :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

:hatoff:

And don't forget sex.   :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

It's not a matter of what I think about Tony's  "shit happens" comment, Dave.

The man himself was given the opportunity to explain what he meant by the comment and why he thought he was taken "out of context". He failed to do that. In fact, he failed miserably.

Give me a break. If Tony is so intelligent (he must be...he's a Rhodes Scholar), how could he not look that reporter straight in the eye and explain himself? Abbott lost me for good that day.

Pip
Are you saying you don't believe that to be the case??? :undecided:  Where have you been? Do your research on the nation's financial status then and now.
I believe there are times to save and times to spend. I have accumulated my modest wealth using this philosophy. At times I have been in hock for a real lot (have you never bought a house on the expectation you will be able to pay it back?). This government has not ever been over-committed. Sure they spent the savings... but it was a time to spend. Now is not a time to pull the horns in, we have a lot of reserves. Full-steam ahead!

I don't know whether you buy on the stock market but often the most success is garnered when the stock is low. Right now, the rest of the world is buggered.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Spending is ok, but wasting is another thing. Bad management of a lot of labours initiatives has resulted in a lot of rorting and subsequent wasting of OUR money.

Their poor management of the Refugee boats (compared with the previous Liberal Government) is also costing us untold Millions  :disapp:

I think we will have to agree to disagree  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I have it on good authority that Kev has undertaken to ensure the new young prince(ss) receives his/her promised knitted kangaroo.

• 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Spending is ok, but wasting is another thing. Bad management of a lot of labours initiatives has resulted in a lot of rorting and subsequent wasting of OUR money.

Their poor management of the Refugee boats (compared with the previous Liberal Government) is also costing us untold Millions  :disapp:

Yes, many of those refugees  just happen to come from  countries illegally invaded by Australia under a Coalition government.  :-[

Probably a case of "reap what you sow"

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Yes, many of those refugees  just happen to come from  countries illegally invaded by Australia under a Coalition government.  :-[

I don't think we invaded Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Iran or Pakistan.  I will concede Iraq and Afghanistan though.  :whistler:

Nonetheless, we have an obligation to accept genuine refugees, regardless of their background.  How we process them is up to us, not the UN.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

I don't think we invaded Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Iran or Pakistan.  I will concede Iraq and Afghanistan though.  :whistler:

Nonetheless, we have an obligation to accept genuine refugees, regardless of their background.  How we process them is up to us, not the UN.
Or Nigeria or Somalia.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Dave, I think I've found a suitable beer wench to look after us when we finally catch up for a few beers. :mrgreen:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Dave, I think I've found a suitable beer wench to look after us when we finally catch up for a few beers. :mrgreen:

Looks to be quite good at her job and judging by those jugs gives quite good head too, on the beers. :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'm not a beer drinker but I would've thought that there was too much head...  :undecided:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I'm not a beer drinker but I would've thought that there was too much head...  :undecided:

Never too much, Rusty.  ;)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You're a better man than me then... :goodjob:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Who's worst??????

Liberal Party attack ad....

Or our next Prime Minister...

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:50:15 by Ugly Mongrel »

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Or our next Prime Minister...

Oh, please, what a stupid beat-up! He was getting the SITREP from the military leader on the ground and his comment was an appreciation of what he was being told. NEWSFLASH - I was there and saw lots of sh☆t and guess what - Sh☆t does happen and people do die. It's dangerous and we put people in harm's way. Don't get drawn in and simply act as an agent of propaganda. Always think context, and if you weren't there, leave it to those who were. Vet rant over for now. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:10:48 by Gonz »
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Beat up??  :wtf:

While I both admire and respect your contribution to defending our country and  in being in a war zone, Gonz, I think you've missed the point of my post.

The first video is a Liberal Party endorsed ad attacking a Labor minister for her poor attempt (and yes, I admit it was poor)  to answer a question posed to her by a reporter three years ago.

The second video is of Tony Abbott, the man who aspires to be our next PM, doing the same thing.

Yes, shit happens, but the point I was trying to make is that the Liberal Party attacks a Labor minister for getting tounge tied and twisted while the man who may be the next PM does exactly the same thing when confronted by a journalist asking a simple question to explain why he was taken out of context for his "shit happens" episode.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:36:42 by Ugly Mongrel »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I felt sorry for the Labor MP when watching the first one because that sort of thing can happen to anyone. She lost her way in an interview. So what?
I felt sorry for the TV reporter when watching the second one because I reckon he was closer than he realised to getting a Liverpool kiss.  ;)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
With the election just around the corner, both sides will resort to silly things like these to further their cause.  Do they realise that the general public are sick of the muck raking and silly games and just want to hear what either side will do to improve our country?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
With the election just around the corner, both sides will resort to silly things like these to further their cause.  Do they realise that the general public are sick of the muck raking and silly games and just want to hear what either side will do to improve our country?
Very true. Dirty, personal attacks cost Anna Bligh the last Qld election. Labor ended up with 7 seats thanks to the fact that they did nothing but attack Campbell Newman personally.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Beat up??  :wtf:
Yes, shit happens, but the point I was trying to make is that the Liberal Party attacks a Labor minister for getting tongue tied and twisted while the man who may be the next PM does exactly the same thing when confronted by a journalist asking a simple question to explain why he was taken out of context for his "shit happens" episode.
Thanks, UM. I do get your point. We studied that same clip in our Media Engagement Course. I see a man who is deeply offended by the media's suggestion that he was being flippant about Australian lives and let emotion get in the way.

I don't think Abbott is any particular Messiah but I was just as mad at the reporter as he obviously was. Media interaction is a carefully staged but very shallow game played out for a huge audience that doesn't always see it for what it is.

Remember your opinion is constantly being shaped by the media, whose only interest is in getting a headline. I don't blame them, you just need to understand the animal.

... and yes, the media machines in the party rooms are just as bad - and they're hired from the industry anyway!
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal