i30 Owners Club

OBD

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
I would like some recommendations for an OBD software / scan tool please! Can you enable/ disable features through the OBD port on Hyundais like you can do on the German cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
@aanastasiou4.  Some discussion here about scanners.  :link: Hyundai Diagnostic/Scanning Software Review

I don't know whether their [limited] bi-directional/module communication abilities are sufficient for your requirements.   

From my occasional newbie use of scanners, if a scanner has enable/disable functions [EDIT: INCLUDED IN THE SCANNER SOFTWARE FOR THE PARTICULAR VEHICLE BEING TESTED] those functions work when the scanner is connected to the vehicle's OBD2 port, no matter the vehicle brand. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 02:03:09 by TerryT »
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
Can you enable/ disable features through the OBD port on Hyundais like you can do on the German cars?
I have been wondering the same thing. On the wifes old Corolla and my IS300 i can change quite a lot of settings using Toyota's Techstream software, was wondering the same for the i30.
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Petrol 1.6 Auto Red

Offline Muzz258

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Timaru
I have the Foxwell NT530 with Hyundai software and wrote the review that @TerryT  linked above.  I'm familiar with coding features on other makes, but have not had the need to investigate it on the Hyundai's in the family.

There are quite a few user settable features in the wife's GD.  They are in the Trip button.

Haven't had a good play with the FD currently in the family.  I recall that there were very few user settable features in our old FD.
  • 2015 GD i30 1.6L CRDI Wagon

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
I have the Foxwell NT530 with Hyundai software and wrote the review that @TerryT  linked above.  I'm familiar with coding features on other makes, but have not had the need to investigate it on the Hyundai's in the family.

There are quite a few user settable features in the wife's GD.  They are in the Trip button.

Haven't had a good play with the FD currently in the family.  I recall that there were very few user settable features in our old FD.
I dont suppose you remember seeing one to turn the reverse beep on or off? This is our first NZ new car in a long time, i had forgotten the reverse beep was an import thing. Was annoyed at them when we first got them in our cars, now i miss it and have to check its actually in reverse lol
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Petrol 1.6 Auto Red

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal