i30 Owners Club

Major overhaul

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
The house has been undergoing its first major overhaul since we built it nearly 30 years ago. The roof was renovated a while back before the PV and solar hot water went up there but the bathroom has had a properly serious tune up which required a plumber standing waist deep in hole in the floor reconfiguring the waste pipes. Its ever so posh now though.

And that's how it starts.

The laundry got reconfigured since the door had been relocated. Because those two rooms got painted, thought we should do the rest of the house inside to match. The fences were replaced and the outside painted  to match. The fence was also 30 years old, timber and possibly only upright owing to the termites holding hands. It didn't take much to demolish. We have gates that now work properly again. Then the garage door was replaced to match although to be fair it was well on the way out.

Back inside, the light switches were looking a bit sad on the new paint, so better replace them all and the wall sockets too. And the lights, now all brand new LED. All the door furniture  is new, the list goes on.

After the tradies left there was a thin film of crap  grime on everything that required removal and now its very tidy indeed.  Should last another 30 years.

• i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wow! Sounds like almost a complete rebuild from the inside out. Well done.

After more than 10 years since we built, there are several areas of our large home that need a refresh but unfortunately i am the sort of guy who is lothe to pay unreliable and expensive tradesmen good money to do stuff I am mostly capable of still doing myself. On the other hand, i don't really want to interrupt my amazing life of being flat out having fun doing not much that I can speak about on a public forum..  :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal