i30 Owners Club

Sport/Tuning exhaust i30 diesel?

Offline Indalsman

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sundsvall

Does anyone know of any companies that sell ready-sports / tuning exhaust system for i30 diesel?

All I can find is for petrol cars but is there anyone who knows if there is any difference in pipe diameter between petrol and diesel?

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
I don't think there's much info here for diesel because there's not much real benefits. I changed my stock exhaust from axel-back with a straight 2.5inch pipe. It does add a deep drum sound to my car and it does feel like it's bit torque-ier at lower rpm. However, you should be careful doing exhaust for these light duty diesel cars, if you want do exhaust system for better sound, be ready to spend big because you would need to change everything from turbo-back to get something decent. Anything from cat-back doesn't change as much as a petrol car because I think the sound gets muted somewhere from turbo-back. Also, you need to do lot of research and find a reliable person/company replacing your exhaust system to have very good guarantees and has knowledgeable experience with your car. If you're after performance, the amount of money out of your pocket is not worth it because you would only get a tiny bit of increased. Diesel engines are built to be efficient, any changes to it could easily compromise not only the performance but also the lifetime of your car. I'm no expert so I could be wrong. But in Australia, no one really wants to touch diesel.

Offline Indalsman

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sundsvall
Here in Sweden there are a number of companies who are upgrading diesels but no one has any exhaust system finished.

I have test built my own system to see what it did and I used no muffler but just pipes in the same dimension as the original and the car is still quiet but sounds a bit more at more aggressive driving. I will probably build a new more serious exhaust system later in 2.5 "or 3" just for the sound's sake.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Some video of your car running would be great. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I did something similar to rickai, with similar results. His summary is spot on! :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I did something similar to rickai, with similar results.
Wasn't the ride-on, was it? :eek:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I did something similar to rickai, with similar results.
Wasn't the ride-on, was it? :eek:

:lol: No mate, that would be stage 3.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
Here in Sweden there are a number of companies who are upgrading diesels but no one has any exhaust system finished.

I have test built my own system to see what it did and I used no muffler but just pipes in the same dimension as the original and the car is still quiet but sounds a bit more at more aggressive driving. I will probably build a new more serious exhaust system later in 2.5 "or 3" just for the sound's sake.

I will be curious what the outcome will be :goodjob2: and yea, a video would be great!

Offline Indalsman

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sundsvall

I am about to rebuild my Dodge 318 engine right now but sometime in future it will probably the construction of exhaust system on my i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal