i30 Owners Club

I Wonder What Happens Next?

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Swift retribution hopefully!  :evil:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Apparently the Jordanians executed two IS prisoners in response.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

One of which was a female suicide bomber whose bomb didn't go off.
She wanted to die anyway and that attack killed over sixty people.
Good riddance.

• Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
While the fundamental belief that the Islamists have the God given right to enlighten the lives of all races to their interpretation of what God wants, we will have this problem.  :Dunno:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Between the YobsYanks and the Islamic Extremist, these sort of acts will lead to WWIII
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Between the YobsYanks and the Islamic Extremist, these sort of acts will lead to WWIII

Yep, both of these groups believe that their imaginary friend God is better than the other's (BTW, it is the same God).  I have yet to have a Jew or Buddhist knock on my door asking me if I've found the Lord/God/Allah.  Surely if they are all looking they would have found Him by now, don't ask me where He is. 

I have no problem with religion or religious people, just don't preach it to me.  I do however, have problems with extremists of any flavour (ISIS, KKK and ADL).  We have freedom of religion in Australia (and most modern countries) which also means freedom FROM religion.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yes it is the same God. If God is at the top of the pyramid, why does the world have so much conflict and unrest over the 2nd position of the pyramid. Surely believer's should aspire to know the top person, not fight over who is the #2 person.

For me, if you're not seeking #1, you're missing the point, entirely.

Extremist groups using force or intimidation, are as far away from God as you can get, IMO.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
What Phil said.

Extremist groups are a magnet for thugs. Religion is merely the excuse they tout for behaving as they do.

I despise violence but I am forming a view that there needs to be a serious global movement to rub out this wave of terror and violence associated with Islamic extremism. The root of WWII was Nazi ideology which included all sorts of atrocities on a scale not yet seen with the current situation. If anything was  learned from that conflict it would be to move swiftly and decisively before things get completely out of hand.

Interesting to see how Jordan responded to ISIS. Clearly different rules apply which is why I believe the west is seen as weak and not a real threat to ISIS. With luck, the Middle Eastern countries will get sufficiently irritated with ISIS to sort it out themselves which now appears to be a possibility.

:link: BBC News - Islamic State: Jordan's King Abdullah vows 'severe response' to IS
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Extremist groups using force or intimidation, are as far away from God as you can get, IMO.

I agree totally, Phil. 

You will never see an atheist killing in the name of atheism (which is different to atheists killing).  You do see religious people killing in the name of their God though, which as you stated, is opposite of what you would think a man/woman of God would do.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
What happened next.

This observation is a little confusing though: "You are a wise monarch," Safi Kasasbeh, the father of the pilot, told the king. "These criminals violated the rules of war in Islam and they have no humanity. Even humanity disowns them,"

:link: Jordanian fighters strike Islamic State positions
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Good.
I hope they wipe them off the face of the earth.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal