i30 Owners Club

I30 2011automatic transmission Jerks

Offline Felipeborgesm

• 1st Gear
Hi guys, I have a 2011 automatic i30, it has some jerks when changing gears and when changing from third to fourth gear at around 60km the rev counter goes up a lot and then normalizes, most of the time this happens on hills and I'm noticing a delay when changing gears from R to D .I recently changed the oil from transmission but I don't think the transmission module or adaptive values were reset, is there any way to do this manually? Or is there an obd scanner at an affordable price that I can buy that does this reset?

Thank you!
  • I30

Offline Endeavor

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      BC
A bit more info would be geeat. Engine rype, how many kms ? When was the trans last serviced... did you change the trans fluid because of the jerking ?
Did you use Hyundai trans fluid ...
I do not think  it would throw codes. Almost any OBD Bluetooth dongle will work. Tou also need Torque Pro app.
  • 2012 Elantra Touring FD 2.0 Auto

Offline Felipeborgesm

• 1st Gear
The i30 is 2011 1.6 156000km automatic, I'm not the first owner, when I changed the oil it was the right oil.  I replaced it because of the jerks but it didn't solve it.  When I change gears manually it doesn't jerk.

That's why I wanted to try to reset the transmission, oil module and adaptive transmission for the car to relearn, but I don't know of an OBD that would do that.
  • I30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal