i30 Owners Club

Hyundai I30 - Central locking temp fix below

Offline Dkmt77

• 1st Gear

• Dyfed
Hi all,
I am the owner of a 2014 I30 1.4 SE. Have owned the car from new and everything ran smoothly until recently, that is until I had the dreaded central locking issue (quite common I'm led to believe!!!!)
Anyway my issue is that on unlocking the car with the key fob the front passenger door and boot won't unlock or open (the passenger door from inside or out!) After much fiddling I think I have found a temp fix which opens passenger door every single time and therefore unlocks the boot too! Thought I'd share as  fitting a new actuator needs the door open! The steps are as follows -

1) Unlock the car with the key fob (central locking light flashes on dash as usual)
2) Start up car
3) Pull the inside handle on passenger door fully out as far as it will go and keep it pulled out fully in that position, then.....
4) Press the central locking unlock button on dashboard once (important only once)
5. Let go of passenger door handle and immediately open it again and hopefully the door should unlock and open.

This technique has worked for me every single time and thought I'd share incase it helps anyone else as a temp for for this infernal problem!

Regards
Dan
  • Hyundai 2014 I30 1.4 SE

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal