TTS PRO

R1cht · 12 · 2332

Offline R1cht

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
HI All,

This is my first post.
I have performed a search and nothing come up so I have started a new post.
Does anybody know if I can get TTS pro voices on my I30 Premium 2013 built in sat nav.
When I look in licenses it lists TTS pro, but there are no voices installed.
I am located in Australia if this helps.
  • I30 Premium Auto Petrol

ouri30
Hi,

There is a lot we don't know about the head unit and the Sat Nav.  I've read heaps of info on the Veloster forum about the head unit used in the Veloster and while it is interesting, I am non the wiser.  Apparently the folder for voices is on the drive for the Sat Nav.  This drive is appears as an SD Card that is part of the motherboard.  How to copy voice files to this folder from the USB is another matter.

We've only had our premium for a month and I haven't had time to experiment with what might be possible.  My first major project will be fitting high beam HIDs.  The Sat Nav will have to wait.

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
If my memory serves me right, the head unit is made by Kenwood, they might be able to tell you....

ouri30
If my memory serves me right, the head unit is made by Kenwood, they might be able to tell you....

Mmmm, that's interesting, I've heard that its made by LG.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
With the failure rate, it's more than likely LG. LG used to be Goldstar, made in China.  :scared:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I wouldn't be concerned if it is LG. I am a big fan of LG these days. We have found them the most reliable brand in electronics at work and all our LG gadgets at home are also performing well and proving reliable. It is my value brand of choice these days. :-D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
We've got a big LG fridge, took 3 to get one that works, but I like it too Dazz.  :goodjob2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I always thought LG was a big South Korean company?  :confused:
I like LG stuff too.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
It is, they acquired Goldstar which didn't do a lot for their reputation. Our fridge has the soft start inverter linear motor and at full throttle, there is no motor noise at all. All you can hear is the refrigerant circulating and a small fan cooling the condenser, very quiet indeed.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We have an LG Dishwasher that works better and is quieter than the Simpson and Dishlex ones we have had before.

Our 55" LG Smart 3D TV is better overall than our Top of the Range 4 year old Panasonic Plasma..

We also have an LG DVD/VCR combo and 2 LG Bluray Players which work well and have been pretty reliable as were a couple of LG phones (since updated)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

ouri30
Well, so far, no issues with by ouri30 LG head unit.  I haven't seen the need to try to crack the features of the unit.  I know a whole lot of work has been done by Veloster owners world wide to make use of the head unit to play video, etc. and to crack into WinCE. Earlier versions of the software allowed changes to be made to various features, but these have since been tied down by Hy for valid reasons.

I've heard that the usual fix by Hy Au to problems with the head unit is to replace the unit.  This must be an expensive exercise but gives me confidence that during warranty, everything will be a ok.  It also makes me less likely to fiddle as I wouldn't want to void warranty. There are some options to install some software on a USB that will then load on boot up and not change the head unit in any way.  If this works, this could be interesting.

Offline R1cht

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi,

Phoned Hyundai Australia last night.
The upshot is that TTS pro is not supported on the unit.
I am sure that it could be added as the navigation software is IGO primo.
I have this on a stand alone unit and on my android phone and TTS works perfectly on both.
I dont think I want mess around with the unit so I will make do as it is.
  • I30 Premium Auto Petrol

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal