i30 Owners Club

Hyundai Style 2013 Front Sensors

Offline Walkleader

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Cheshire

• I30 Style Blue Version
Just acquired a Style and the description of the car included front parking sensors, which as everybody knows only exist as a partial aid and are virtually useless (as described 12 months ago by Alan Ho). I complained to my dealer and thanks to Alan and his reference to Cobra my dealer is fitting the extra 4 sensors at their expense. Additionally Hyundai U.K will be altering their booklets to reflect that the front parking sensors are only an aid. Why have Hyundai never addressed this issue, the I40 has them?? I'm mystified.
  • I30 Style 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Just shows the clout the forum has.

Ps full marks by the dealer for sorting them out.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Sounds like a good result.   :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I am pleased to see that my long battle with Hyundai UK over the lack of proper front sensors has at last brought some benefit to a fellow i30 owner.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new car
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Well done Alan, your persistence paid off.  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Well done Alan, your persistence paid off.  :goodjob:

:whsaid: :brilliant:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Walkleader

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Cheshire

• I30 Style Blue Version
My approach to the dealer was that the goods were not as described in the literature, and they are honouring that, and I showed them Alan's Post from last May , but the root of the problem still lies with Hyundai, they have known about this problem for the past 12 months and have done nothing to rectify it, not even to change the literature until now. The question remains, how can Hyundai not see that all prospective buyers will want a proper front parking sensor system on a top of the range I30? The cost to them must be a fraction of what it costs to have them installed retrospectively, I remain mystified!!!
  • I30 Style 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Unfortunately, I suspect the cost and procedure involved in adjusting the assembly of an existing model run is quite high and involved.

Few makers make little tweaks like this until they do an update involving other mechanical or cosmetic changes as well. :cool:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Unfortunately, I suspect the cost and procedure involved in adjusting the assembly of an existing model run is quite high and involved.

Few makers make little tweaks like this until they do an update involving other mechanical or cosmetic changes as well. :cool:

This is a reinforcement of what is wrong at HY IMO. The i30 is up against tough competition and always being compared to other makes, the Golf, in particular. They will not progress further unless equipment deficiencies are rectified in all areas. Anything that causes owner disappointment or dissatisfaction, degrades from the whole ownership experience. In the case of these sensors, we have another owner who has had to argue that his car has been misrepresented and although the dealer will fix, in this instance, it should have been adjusted at production level, or documentation changed to accurately reflect the sensor's capabilities.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Like I said though Phil, most other manufacturers are the same.

Look at Ford for example with their ball joint? issues on the earlier Territory.. When a few started failing they should have addressed it straight away on the production line but I don't think they did.

There are lots of other examples too I'm guessing.  :undecided:

Edit: I reckon Hyundai could have added daylight instrument illumination to the Series 1 i30 during the model run (plus several other tweaks as suggested on here) but they waited until the GD to do most of them.   

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Plus they waited until GD to get the shape right.  :neutral:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

We should all have a mass debate then to decide, but I'd lean towards the GD.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Walkleader

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Cheshire

• I30 Style Blue Version
Further to my sensor problem, I now have 6 sensors on the front of my I30, the original two which were useless, and a Cobra provided kit of 4 which were fitted by my Hyundai dealer at Cheshire Oaks at their own expense. They have received no support from Hyundai, so to keep me happy they funded the installation themselves, great customer relations, I would recommend them to anybody. Poor show by Hyundai though.
  • I30 Style 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Further to my sensor problem, I now have 6 sensors on the front of my I30, the original two which were useless, and a Cobra provided kit of 4 which were fitted by my Hyundai dealer at Cheshire Oaks at their own expense. They have received no support from Hyundai, so to keep me happy they funded the installation themselves, great customer relations, I would recommend them to anybody. Poor show by Hyundai though.

Great to hear positive feedback from you.

Being a new franchise they have to build up their customer base and from the service provided to you, you will be very positive when speaking to your friends and family.

Ps went past the dealership last week when shopping at cheshire oaks.

Big corner plot and lots of cars on show but decided to check out the cars at the dealers opposite -Porsche dealers- but nothing came close to my i30 for refinment and style........

Don't think they thought i was serious in my cut downs and designer flip flops.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Don't think they thought i was serious in my cut downs and designer flip flops.

:lol:

Next time you are dealing with them let them know you gave them a good wrap on here. Hopefully they will be pleased with that. We want to encourage that sort of behaviour  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Walkleader

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Cheshire

• I30 Style Blue Version
I have already told them that I would put some good feedback on the I30 users website, and I thanked all of the managers for their support, making my purchase a pleasant and rewarding experience.
  • I30 Style 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:Agoodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal