i30 Owners Club

on the way dooooooooown

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Here in Syd, diesel has not changed, but unlead is up and down all week like it used to be. right now you can drive to a local Mobile and buy diesel @ $1.20.9  unlead $1.12.9 premium unlead $1.22.9
but its all over the place on price right now, another Caltex servo had unlead @ $1.27.9 Diesel $1.36.9( not vortex premium diesel) but were i get the Vortex premium diesel it is still selling @ $1.30.9 they i see it if it's cleaning injectors saves $ down the road.

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
Devonport seems to be about in line Darwin..

Diesel bottomed out at 135.9
Unleaded back up to     123.9 today...

And here I was thinking we had the most expensive fuel in Australia. I have always wondered even though Singapore is closest to Darwin than most other major cities, the price here is way above the rest. I know the oil is not delivered to Darwin directly, think it comes from sydney or brisi. If it was would it have been the cheapest?
:)

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
In Bendigo tonight - both diesel and unleaded....126.9 :) Parity time YAY!

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Distillate is neck and neck with ULP at the moment here in Newcastle. 126.9 to 129.9

Could it really be possible that distillate will again be cheaper than ULP? Hopefully for a long time to come I say!

I still shake my head at those who shake theirs heads at me for buying a diesel. No regrets whatsoever, it's their loss!!!

Regards

Daniel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
And here I was thinking we had the most expensive fuel in Australia. I have always wondered even though Singapore is closest to Darwin than most other major cities, the price here is way above the rest. I know the oil is not delivered to Darwin directly, think it comes from sydney or brisi. If it was would it have been the cheapest?

and Devonport is a "port" so we are usually amongst the cheapest in Tassie (it looks like the Tassie garages have kept our diesel around 8cent dearer than it should be .. profiteering I call it) :evil:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Whoever said it should re retitled "on the way oooooooop" is spot on. Our exchange rate against the $US is so poor that we're rising at 2p/week round here.

Just filled up tonight at 98.9p/L (AUD$2.16/L) so you Oz guys stop yer moaning :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Haha, we will stop moaning when we get more fuel efficient cars in Aus! Haha.

Anywho, I saw ULP for AUD$1.229, and then I saw it at AUD$1.051. How can there be such a difference?

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Right now ULP price is ridiculous, in a constant state of flux. You can drive from one station to another 500m down the road and the price be different by upto 20cpl!

Another reason why I love distillate, stability of price.

Regards

Daniel

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
ULP  - 126.7
Diesel - 135.7 (still :) )
Darwin

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Devonport seems to be about in line Darwin..

Diesel bottomed out at 135.9
Unleaded back up to     123.9 today...

and Devonport is a "port" so we are usually amongst the cheapest in Tassie (it looks like the Tassie garages have kept our diesel around 8cent dearer than it should be .. profiteering I call it) :evil:

Dazz that would be true, as here in syd a few months back petrol was selling at around $1.40 $1.36, then some indy servo dropped there Unlead price to $0.90 and next thing we know its starting to sell all over at $0.90 but its back to normal now.
but diesel seems more stable in price, for as long as they have posted the price out front of servo's diesel has always been slow to change up or down. can you remember when petrol was so cheap they did not post the price up. i can remember when i put $2 worth in my EH 179 Ute and a mate was in shock seems most he would ever put in a car at one time was $1
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi John,

I think I can remember when petrol was under 20c a litre (but I'm "much" younger than you.. :D)

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I can remember my dad going loopy after a budget cause petrol had risen to over 50p/UK gallon and now we are paying 85p/litre :eek:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
When I started driving petrol was 3/8p (yes 3 shillings and 8d) per gallon ( now = to 18p) = 4p per litre.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
23p/gallon (iirc) when I first filled my BSA Bantam; that would have been in 1976
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I remember my mum used to complain when she had to pay 40c/litre way back in the 90's. (I'm 21 mind you :P )

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Times have changed, but politicians with a business mind are as rare as hens teeth, so thats half the problem i think.
Anyway back in the day when petrol was that cheap we did not even know how much a gallion as it was so cheap we did not worry, the top range family car was less than $2,000. Tyres were so cheap we changed them summer and winter, Good Year made a winter tread. but weather was still around the same as now in OZ.
BUT one important factor was Aussie $ was up there with the English Pound and double what the US $ was.
We even let Poms come out for £20 to live here free ( supported by ex convict tax payers  :lol:).

Back to the twenty first century, i Saw unlead selling @ $1.26.9 & diesel $1.19.9 @ a BP, this would put the premium 98 up around $1.36.9. so now what happens to the guys that got petrol i30's because diesel was too expencive. also i saw a truck load of SLX i30's being delivered to Artarmon all Petrol no diesel.
but thats how it always seems to work.
also i had a guy ask if i would sell him my V8 ute just cause he saw i had a few cars, told him he needs to show me the colour of his money and once he shows me enough cash i'll tell him.
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It's all a bit wierd.. Noticed on the way home tonight that the local BP (which is sometimes a couple of cents dearer than Caltex) has dropped Diesel another cent P/L to 1.33.9 and Unleaded is steady at 1.23.9 . Will be interested to see what Caltex & Shell are charging when I go past them next.

Interestingly, there are few if any Mobil garages left in Tassie now. There is an independent called United and that's about it I think... (Not much choice compared to the old days...) :'(

I've been a cheapskate the last couple of fills and gone back to Caltex (4c voucher discount - supermarket alliance) but think she definitely runs better on BP..

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It's all a bit wierd.. Noticed on the way home tonight that the local BP (which is sometimes a couple of cents dearer than Caltex) has dropped Diesel another cent P/L to 1.33.9 and Unleaded is steady at 1.23.9 . Will be interested to see what Caltex & Shell are charging when I go past them next.

Interestingly, there are few if any Mobil garages left in Tassie now. There is an independent called United and that's about it I think... (Not much choice compared to the old days...) :'(

I've been a cheapskate the last couple of fills and gone back to Caltex (4c voucher discount - supermarket alliance) but think she definitely runs better on BP..

Dazz i'm not possitive, but they say woolworths caltex is indonesian fuel. i notice they don't  sell vortex but the non woolworths caltex do. at least here. i have not used supermarket fuel for years now.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dazz i'm not possitive, but they say woolworths caltex is indonesian fuel. i notice they don't  sell vortex but the non woolworths caltex do. at least here. i have not used supermarket fuel for years now.

Think I might go back to BP for a few fills (for the sake of 4c per litre) The wife reckons I must be imagining it but she just seems quieter and more responsive if I run her fairly dry first...then use BP  :D

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland

The wife reckons I must be imagining it but she just seems quieter and more responsive if I run her fairly dry first...then use BP  :D

Are you referring to the wife or your car???
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Both... :lol: :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal