agents diesel love affair!!!

agentr31 · 339 · 71116

Offline matt

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• 2010 auto CRDi
Hey Agent31,
                   I'm in Wynnum, where did you get your i30 from, so's I know not to get it serviced there, hehe.
I wonder if there's some power to be had with a bigger exhaust system from the turbo back, usually is, but with such a long warranty, ?
Did you fit a boost gauge to yours, how did you fix it to the dash, and was there a bung on the aftercooler.
I noticed some of the European guys on here have mentioned a 6 spd manual on theirs.
Can you get cruise on the SX.
Hope u don't mind all the questions,
Matt.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
hey mat!!

i bought it from keystar motors... HOWEVER, once the dealer principal was contacted it was fixed within 24 hours, because the manager "forgot" and as a bonus i received a free oil and filter change!

yer you could go chasing horse power with a bigger exhaust but i dont think it will make massive differences... but you wont know until you do a dyno comparison! i wouuldn't worry about it affecting the warranty... its just an exhaust system, its not like your putting a  GT28RS turbo on the car LOL

the boost gauge fit up is written up "here"

we dont get a 6 speed that i know of... I'm no expert on the i30 :(

they did offer me cruise control at the dealer, I'm not sure if it was a factory fit or aftermarket as i declined it! i dont think there is much point in cruise control in a manual (previous car was manual with cruise)

LOL nah i dont mind questions! hopefully i was helpful!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

I'm no expert on the i30 :(

[/quote] you know more than a non i30 owner does mate.  :mrgreen: and probably more than your average i30 salesman.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
thanks man! I'm still learning heaps about the i30... every time i look at it i see something new, it is a very simple car... its interior clips together like a 1990's Nissan/Toyota, the body is the same as well, very Japanese i think its more "European inspired" then European designed...

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
strut brace is all fitted, here are some photos... no i havent driven it yet LOL

strut brace!

where i had to put teh clutch resovior

bracket needed to relocate the clutch resovior

picture of MR sparkle!! thats a standard stainless M10 that ive ground the numbers off, and polished!

heres a pic of some of the factory "boring black" bolts ove replaced with dome head cap screws!!!

now to give every thing ive just fitted a good wipe down (get any finger prints/dirt off) clean up the massive mess of buffing compound off the floor under the house and the sink, and put the zillion tools ive managed to use away! then take it for a drive!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the strut brace is a tight fit on the diesel model. 

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
ohh mate, its tighter than a nuns cu..neyways

its a bit spastic how tight it is... meh its not like its going to come off anytime soon LOL

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice Pix Ian (thanks) and a lovely job under the bonnet - well done!  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Pip
strut brace is all fitted, here are some photos... no i havent driven it yet LOL

It was in this thread or another I think I said that a strut brace probably did little more than add weight or words to that effect. :)

After seeing your efforts I have to conceed it added a lot more than that... pride! :wink:

Well done. :cool:

P.S., I think your engine compartment is even cleaner than mine. I'll fix that tomorrow. :lol:

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
Can't say I'm a fan of the shiny screws...prefer black myself but thumbs up for the effort.

Note to self...must clean engine bay tomorrow :lol:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
mutley seriously if i had the time i would hand polish all the screws (only some are polished) i try my best with all my cars....

pride! :wink:

thats what its all about!! i might'nt have the best or most expensive cars but i take pride in them and look after them really well (ex said i spend more time on the cars than her)

i30 pride FTW

ive decided that ill replace most of the cosmetic bolts with stainles ones! gonna try and buy a box of 100 dome head cap screws next week and washer to suit... then some M10 dome heads and do both cars! its gonna suck polishing them tho... ohh well

i really need to do the suspention on the other car as well but im sure you guys dont really want to know LOL

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Great strut bar!

Just one question. How do you manage to keep the engine (and all the area under the hood) so clean ??  :eek: How old is the car?

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
bolts with stainles ones! gonna try and buy a box of 100 dome head cap screws next week and washer to suit... then some M10 dome heads
Try to get A2-70 Stainless Bolts etc. (Marine Grade), as Stainless does not necessarily mean that some rust & other marks will not show, they also have a slightly lower tensile strength. Corrosives in some cleaning products can cause problems unless the Stainless is Marine Grade.
(Marine Grade sheet is 316L).

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
i used 304 stainless! i know it does mark, and even tho i hve polished it, it will probably go dull in a few months but meh...

accim, umm i just wash under the bonnet when i do the rest of the car, and the car is fairly new, i have only had it since may!

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
as you can see with my old car... i have a thing for clean engine bays and stainless LOL

no thats not the original engine LOL

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
is that an r31 skyline.? my son wants one with an rb30 engine in it.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
yep! its an R31! but with an R32 RB20det transplant lol

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      South West Rocks, NSW, Australia

• i30's are being seen everywhere....
Very Nice Job.
No excuse for a dirty engine bay just as important to clean as any other part of the car. Makes seeing any problems, should they arise, a lot easier to see as well as early detection. :)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
yep! but only if you actually pop the bonnet LOL I'm sure a lot of the general populace don't even know how to open the bonnet :(

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
yep! but only if you actually pop the bonnet LOL I'm sure a lot of the general populace don't even know how to open the bonnet :(
or check  any of the fluids under it.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
yer i know its not the i30 but i did some work on my other car this weekend

i lowered it with coilovers... but then i cracked the sh17's with the way the rear springs were adjustable, basically it deleted the big rubber ring from the top of the rear spring and replaced it with a little turned up steel part that has 2 lock nuts on it and adjusts up and down to move the body closer or futher away from the spring...

it was noisy to have metal to metal contact so on saturday i went and bought some pedders springs for the back!

in a weird side note the rear springs are the same as VN commadore...

before!

after!!!!!!

*note the front camber now LOL

the pics dont do it justice it looks much lower than it was before, its probably 2'' ~ 2.5'' lower than standard and a hell of a lot firmer... corners like a mini now hahaha

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Not bad for your 2nd car  :exclaim: :exclaim: :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Yer a right little tinkerer aren't you :lol:

Nice work though.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline clackerz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Drivin' round Melbournes SE 'burbs in a Black SLX
Noice!

I see you've gone artistic and captured the i30 in the reflection of the panels......great touch.

Noticed you have a motorised 2 wheeler there as well.......

I said I'd never lower another car.......but.........temptation.......may win me over.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
thanks guys!! i wasnt sure if you would like it being a nissan :P

Yer a right little tinkerer aren't you :lol:

rodger that!! its cheaper if you do it yourself!! and we have 99% of the tools here to fix cars!

Noticed you have a motorised 2 wheeler there as well.......

I said I'd never lower another car.......but.........temptation.......may win me over.

there are 4 bikes around the house LOL the bike in front of the car is dads CB900 hornet and dad has a ct70 monkey bike he is currently fixing up...

i have the honda spada VT250, and a 250cc pit bike

hahaha i was looking at lowering the i30 when i was at pedder's... i had to bite my toung and walk out! or i would have left with 3 pairs of springs instead of 2 hahaha

anyways... i need to put a set of mags on the i30 before it gets lowered! otherwise it will look silly ;)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
i got bored this afternoon... decided to make the tail lights work "properly"

as most of you know, when you put the park lights on, only the top section lights up and when you brake only the bottom section lights up....

i got bored, dissassembled the loom, cut and shut it, added heat shrink here, a touch of electrical tape over there, a bit of solder to the right, and a extra wire to the left and BAM

for those of you wanting to do this, join the pink wire to the yellow wire on the bottom light, and green wire to the yellow wire on the top light.

you will need to cut the yellow wire from the loom as it goes back to earth, then join it to the live wire from the other light!!!

i did have a good write up done but my computer failed when photobucket was being gay, so i made a new account and its now working...

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
* shambles turns face away from monitor - now sees black dots everywhere * :P

I'm guessing you guys already have dual filament lamps (and sockets) fitted in upper & lower halves
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
yer they are dual fillament, for some reason, the unused fillament just goes into the earth side of the loom...

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
My that's bright.

Wouldn't want to be in the car following
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal