i30 Owners Club

HOW TO: Change the diesel fuel filter

Guest · 2 · 13757

Steve Roe
Well this is what I did, it was all straight forward. AU$41.90 for a Ryco Z707 filter and less than an hour to fit it. (1/2 hour next time)

https://sites.google.com/site/instroe/i30-cdri-diesel-fuel-filter-replacement

I also contacted Hyspares to see if they were  going to offer a cheaper alternative for the diesel fuel filter. The reply was that they hoped to be able to revise the price of the i30 fuel filter in the near future.

I compared the Ryko and the Hyundai side by side, very similar apart from the text on the outside, looking through the holes into the filter it looked the same to me.

I'm sure I read on the Ryco website that using their filters will not null your warranty. Either way if you're doing it yourself you've voided the warranty anyway. As you will see in the document, no evidence of water or containments at all in the original filter after 30,000 kms. In my case it was a waste of time and money, maybe different for others though if they got a poor batch of diesel.

Anyway - enjoy, give it a go, hope you can use my procedure to prep for your own work a little better.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Further discussion here :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal