i30 Owners Club

Genuine Diesel Filter $38.47

beerman · 104 · 31256

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Well, I've taken the plunge and bought 2 of these fuel filters ($94.29 Aus), so fingers crossed they turn up.....  :undecided:

Well, my filters turned up today so I'm one happy chappy!   :D :goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I heard back from Hyundai....and the reply was about what I expected....  :disapp:

Oh, well...at least I tried.....

I bet I have a big black mark against my name at HQ now....assuming I didn't have one previously..... :lol:

Anyhow......

Good morning Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your comments.

As any business that operates in different markets around the world will configure and set recommended pricing policies in that particular region.

As a free economic market, that exists in Australia, it is always advisable to shop around for the best prices through the Hyundai dealer network,

who in addition give you the assurance of  12 months / 20,000 parts warranty with all Hyundai Genuine purchased parts in Australia.

Unlike some of the internet based part suppliers who do not have to provide such assurances or warranties.

Kind regards,

Marcin Kresan
  Customer Care Officer-Senior
  Hyundai Motor Company Australia

Phone   :  1800 186 306
  mailto   :  customercare@hyundai.com.au
  Web     :  www.hyundai.com.au

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Ryco filters 12 months/manufacturer's expiry of part (ie oil filter 15k) whichever is sooner.

So their diesel filter could in theory be 12/30k if you can do that many. I will certainly do more than 20k.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
rustynutz

If the filter is genuine, then who actually manufactures the product. Are they made by various manufacturers to Hy standards or what. Now, if they're all made in Korea by Hy themselves and they can be sold for $38.47 then there is no justification for setting such a high recommended price in Oz. The free world market is the very reason that the price should be lower. Hy have been caught with their pants down IMO. So I hope they haven't imported too may filters here in Oz, coz they'll be on the shelf for a while I think.  :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I thought the originals had Bosch on them somewhere..A lot of people (some members included) just pay the dealer whatever they charge  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Some members must have lots of money  :neutral:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Some members must have lots of money  :neutral:

I have mentioned several times (before Ryco and the like offered cheaper alternatives) that the identically numbered KIA fuel filter (for the KIA Soul CRDi) is usually about 20% cheaper .. not many seem to have bothered to try it (I did when we had the CRDi) $20+ saving is worth it in my books ( Not sure if it is still that much cheaper though  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It was on my cards as was hyspairs, but then I discovered the Ryco z707 and all was good in the world  :goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
rustynutz

If the filter is genuine, then who actually manufactures the product. Are they made by various manufacturers to Hy standards or what. Now, if they're all made in Korea by Hy themselves and they can be sold for $38.47 then there is no justification for setting such a high recommended price in Oz. The free world market is the very reason that the price should be lower. Hy have been caught with their pants down IMO. So I hope they haven't imported too may filters here in Oz, coz they'll be on the shelf for a while I think.  :fum:

Says made in Korea on the box.....  :goodjob:
Sadly most people will just accept the prices charged by Hyundai Australia never realising some genuine parts can be bought elsewhere.  :undecided:

Hopefully this mob from the UK will continue to sell these filters.... :undecided:
Actually, I see their cabin filters are pretty cheap too...  :winker:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
As posted before, I supply my own oil and just wonder how it would be received if I started supplying my own filters too.
I could always go the next step too and supply my own mechanic I suppose and drop him off when I drop my car off for service.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I figure if they wan't your business, they'll keep their mouths shut..... :D

My dealer has never commented about me supplying my own oil & oil, air, fuel & cabin filters........  :goodjob:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
You could be fair and give him the option of matching the price....

The thing is that the private motorist is the one being stung. The fleets won't be paying these stupid prices.

Oh and on filters etc. Many years ago I was loading the shelves at Kmart with Z9 oil filters. Noticed they looked different. Closer examination showed that they had sprayed over the 'Motorcraft' (official Ford parts) and slapped Ryco over it. It would seem that Ryco were making the parts for Ford and spraying them up in their colours. Someone must have got enthusiastic, or there must have been a backlog that needed clearing, so they just sprayed them again and sent them out.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Guess what,

Rang the dealer for a quote on 60k service for the daughter's crdi, price $600.00

Told them I have the oil & filters, new price please, price $285.00

Probably can do better but booked in Monday am, can you believe their pricing  :exclaim:

Richard craniums  :exclaim:

BTW, Thanks UM  :goodjob2:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Huge difference isn't it.

Are you doing the cabin filters?

They wouldn't want to lose the $285 cash cow by refusing to do the service, it would be interesting to ring them back and get the break down of the prices (ie $100 for the oil, $160 for the diesel filter etc.). It would be interesting to see if they have deducted the full cost, or if they have kept a bit for themselves.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I don't think the cabin filter is due til 90k, but I have purchased one. The car is 2nd hand so will probably do it myself & yes the price reduction just confirms earlier comments about BS pricing.  :neutral:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Are you approaching the fuel company for compensation  :question:

I put in a claim for compensation last week and got a reply in the mail today.....

Surprise, surprise.....they deny all responsibility!  :mad:
They rambled on about how all their fuel meets appropiate specifications and how they are free from any contamination.

*They also said that no water was found in testing of their diesel.
*No delivery took place on the 8th April 2012.
*There was 4,115 litres of diesel sold on that day with no other complaints.

So, I guess that's it..... :fum:

Seems strange that i did approximately 750 kilometers on the previous tank (which happened to be Caltex Vortex) with no issues but when I filled up using BP the water in the fuel light comes on....

Oh well, I guess I move on and put it down to experience.  :undecided:

Pip
My diesel filter arrived... no complaints.  It's on the shelf, I guess I 'll need to use it sometime.  Still running the original 50k+.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Supposed to be changed every 30,000 k's these days, pip...  :whistler:

Pip

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Great find, Beerman!   :goodjob:

Our last source seems to have run out so this has turned up at a most opportune time....

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
if your paying more than $33 for a fuel filter(diesel) you paying to much,$20 for a oil filter(diesel)to much
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Maybe so, Rick but for those that want to stick with genuine fuel filters, $45 is a bargain when dealers are asking around $130 for the same thing.... :undecided:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Yes $45 for a genuine Hy filter is brilliant
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'll continue to get mine from Sydney Filters, but for those who prefer to stay genuine, that bad boy knocks a fair bit off price (even more if you can be bothered stuffing around bidding).

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Picked up a genuine fuel filter for $35 the other day.....BARGAIN!  :goodjob:

:link:

I've had a chat with this bloke, gave him the part numbers for the oil, air & cabin filters and he said he'll get some in with his next order so fingers crossed.....

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Another good price.  :goodjob:

I love Ebay....Has saved me heaps on parts. Still remember getting a genuine Hub for the wife's old Falcon for less than the mechanic could buy a generic part.

Offline BlueI30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thanks Rustynutz  :goodjob2:

Just ordered a diesel fuel filter from here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HYUNDAI-iLOAD-iMAX-i30-DIESEL-FUEL-FILTER-Z707-PART-NUMBER-319224H001-/111056408806?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19db7a50e6#payId

(buy it now for $45 + $6 postage cause I have 60K service booked in for next week)

(couldn't get your link to work) .
My mechanic rang a dealer to order one and they wanted $153  :Shocked:

Stupidly , I paid $135 for one for my 30K service (done my my mechanic)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hmmm, link still works for me....oh well, not to worry as the one you bought came from the same bloke.

Seems he's upped his prices a bit, which doesn't surprise me too much as I noticed on my parcel the postage was more than he had charged me.

Shame you needed it in a hurry, otherwise you could've done as I did and placed a bid and then hoped no one else placed one...lol

Still, you can't complain about getting a filter for a third of the price the dealer wanted.  :goodjob:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

My mechanic rang a dealer to order one and they wanted $153  :Shocked:

$153  :Shocked: That is robbery.....

You could get the complete set of filters from SFS twice over for that......God bless the internet....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal