i30 Owners Club

a testimonial for a mechanic in Victoria

Offline kabukiman

• 3rd Gear
  • apricot herder

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I suppose the testimonials here are not limited to i30s and cleaning products, but also auto services?

My experiences with Ford have given me trust issues with any car dealer.  I have had pleasant dealings so far with Makin and Luby Hyundai, but I will still be taking the DIY and independent service route for my car

Rather than pay $200 for an interim 7500k service at hyundai I opted to change the oil myself.  I didn't have access to stands or an oil pan when the time came round so I took it to a place in Airport West, right near Essendon Airport and off the freeway.

The place is called Maccora Motor Industries.  They are a tucked away workshop and it isn't obviously signed, but they have been there for decades.  I personally know one of the mechanics who work there and they have done work on both my previous cars

They changed my oil and inspected my car for me.  Since I know them and it was late I got to hang around in the workshop with my car.  I have done previously with my others too and have been able to watch these guys work.  All I can say is each mechanic working there is very very experienced, and the level of care and attention they pay to every car is impressive and reassuring.  There is a level of service and pride that I have never seen at a car dealer or any other independent mechanic.  Extremely clean workshop.

If you live in Melbourne and are looking for a place to have your car serviced or repaired (I garantee if you're having trouble with any car and it has you scratching your head, they will find the problem quicker than a dealer will) check them out.  They also carry genuine hyundai parts like belts and filters so it won't harm a new car warranty.

FWIW they use synthetic penrite oils, I don't know what hyundai dealers usually use but I'm happy they don't skimp

There is another place I do like which is the goodyear service center on Fletcher street in Essendon.  I have dealt with a guy named Anthony there and they charge quite reasonably for little things like tyre rotations and oil changes.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Thanks for sharing. It's good to get good news stories.  :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline kabukiman

• 3rd Gear
  • apricot herder

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I should clarify that this is not a plug, just because I know one of the blokes there

they do a genuinely good service and know their stuff, and I'm happy to see this and want others to know this place is there

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for sharing. It's good to get good news stories.  :goodjob2:

:whsaid:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal