i30 Owners Club

Service?

Offline coolbzk

• 2nd Gear
Hi , i have a 2009 i30 diesel , i bought it as a second-hand car when it reached 83000 KMs, from the logbook, it had been service at 75000KMs .
After i got this car in April 2012, i sent it to dealer for an optional service , and now it reaches 85000KMs,the next compulsory  service is 90000KMs/6 Years,what should i do? Do i need to arrange another optional service for it? Someone says it is better to have car serviced every 6 months? Or i can continue driving  until it reaches 90000km?

Thank you everyone.
  • i30 slx wagon

Pip
It would be easier to gauge the previous service history in terms of  kilometers travelled and time taken by its first owner if you also told us its birthday.

From what you've told us it sounds like it had a very different previous life to the one it's having with you by covering more than 25,000 km per year and the services have therefore been done in advance of its birthdays. If my arithmetic is correct you are only driving closer to 4,000 km a year which suggests you are doing really small distances each trip. In that case as a general rule I would get an intermediate oil change done between every normal (annual) book service. If you are travelling less than 15,000 km a year (assumed from your mentioning 75k and 90k services) you can ignore the odometer reading for servicing.

Without the service history and confirmation regarding your expected use I'll have to guess it's going to take you something like another year to get to 90k which will be more than a year since the 75k service.

To answer the question: The next full (90k) service should be done a year after the 75k one was done to satisfy warranty conditions even if you do not reach 90k when due.

Offline coolbzk

• 2nd Gear
It would be easier to gauge the previous service history in terms of  kilometers travelled and time taken by its first owner if you also told us its birthday.

From what you've told us it sounds like it had a very different previous life to the one it's having with you by covering more than 25,000 km per year and the services have therefore been done in advance of its birthdays. If my arithmetic is correct you are only driving closer to 4,000 km a year which suggests you are doing really small distances each trip. In that case as a general rule I would get an intermediate oil change done between every normal (annual) book service. If you are travelling less than 15,000 km a year (assumed from your mentioning 75k and 90k services) you can ignore the odometer reading for servicing.

Without the service history and confirmation regarding your expected use I'll have to guess it's going to take you something like another year to get to 90k which will be more than a year since the 75k service.

To answer the question: The next full (90k) service should be done a year after the 75k one was done to satisfy warranty conditions even if you do not reach 90k when due.

Birthday for my car is April 2009.
yes , you are right, the previous owner were driving heavily while i am not, i only have driven around 1500km since i bought it  half year ago.
Got you and thank you . I will check the 75000kms service time from log book .
  • i30 slx wagon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome coolbzk.. What Pip says makes good sense  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Pip
I will check the 75000kms service time from log book .
I estimate the 75k was done about last December so next service should be due this December some time when your current oil will be about 8 months old and the car just 4 months shy of its 4th birthday and kms done a little less than 90k. That sounds good to me.

I would stick to the 12 months regime with an oil change between at least until the warranty runs out in a year or so. After that I'd personally be inclined to let the major services slip a bit but still maintaining an intermediate oil change every 8-10k or so. My reasoning is that the little use compensates for the slightly extended time.

Offline i30sean

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Hemel Hempstead UK
I have my oil changed every 6 months regardless of Miles / KM it's a small price to pay for engine longevity  :goodjob2:

i30Sean

Offline coolbzk

• 2nd Gear
I will check the 75000kms service time from log book .
I estimate the 75k was done about last December so next service should be due this December some time when your current oil will be about 8 months old and the car just 4 months shy of its 4th birthday and kms done a little less than 90k. That sounds good to me.

I would stick to the 12 months regime with an oil change between at least until the warranty runs out in a year or so. After that I'd personally be inclined to let the major services slip a bit but still maintaining an intermediate oil change every 8-10k or so. My reasoning is that the little use compensates for the slightly extended time.
From the Log book, it had been serviced for 76000Km in 12/12/11 before i bought it.
then i arranged an optional service at 83600km in April 2012 after i bought it.
  • i30 slx wagon

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal