i30 Owners Club

BETTY WHITE & HYUNDAI

Johny · 6 · 2433

Offline Johny

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Betty white is my car's name first of all guys  :P named by my gf who robbed my balls.

Anyways the car is a 12 i30 trophy petrol, it was making some strange noises turning right and left like a metal on metal sound, anyways booked in for warranty as its only 6 months old with 10k on the clock. They had a look at it today and found out I had a rock stuck in between the calipers, they showed me the rock and it was a good size lol.

Also steering wheel was peeling pretty badly & still is, they covered this under warranty and ordered me a new one coming from Korea in 2 weeks.

Hyundai Peninsula Bankstown was pretty helpful, good service centre I think.

Anyone else had one of these issues??

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Great to hear the positives.  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

ouri30
 :welcome: to the forum Johny.

Good to here another person happy with service from a Hyundai dealer.  I've never had a bad experience so far and attention to warranty issues has always been first class.

Bob

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Johny,

I had a stone do the same thing in my last car (Not our i30) and we had a steering wheel replaced under warranty in our 2006 Getz.. It is a reasonably common claim on Hyundais with a leather clad wheel  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Betty white is my car's name first of all guys  :P named by my gf who robbed my balls.

Welcome,,, I think  :scared:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
They had a look at it today and found out I had a rock stuck in between the calipers, they showed me the rock and it was a good size lol.

Hi Johny

The stone in the brakes is normal, it happens now and then. Have seen that a few times in my time as servicemanager.

• i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal