i30 Owners Club

Handling improvement for the I30 GD

Indra W · 10 · 3898

Offline Indra W

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      WA

• I 30 GD Automatic
The following parts are available for the I30 from Korea. May be of interest to some of our members.

Hope the link I have provided works.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxon-Strutbar-Under-X-Brace-Combination-for-2012-HYUNDAI-Elantra-GT-i30-/190779328549?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6b558825
  • Hyundai ! 30 GD Elite Automatic

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Thanks Indra.
Some of our members may be interested in those.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I fail to see how that can possibly affect the handling of the car. The i30 chassis is adequate to cater for the engine power and suspension tuning. 

Some of these so-called performance enhancers are clearly aimed at the wealthy gullible or track addicts.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
At that price it would want to make the car faster and more economical too!  :scared:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I fail to see how that can possibly affect the handling of the car. The i30 chassis is adequate to cater for the engine power and suspension tuning. 

That's quite OK Alan, nobody is perfect ;)

The "X" brace is bullshit, the i30 doesn't have the power to start twisting the "chassis" down there, but the tower brace is a good thing, as long as one is into "sporty" driving or track days.

The suspension tower does not have too much rigidity against forces pushing the tower directly against the other tower. Most if not all race cars have that for this reason.

Admittedly not many people would notice the difference in handling, unless the car is really pushed, usually needing a race track and much stickier tyres to get close to that level.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Indra W

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      WA

• I 30 GD Automatic
I did say, may be of interest to some of our members.

No doubt it is a costly bit of kit, however I do recall some members posting asking for details of such equipment and as to where it was available.

I agree that it depends on how you drive and how sensitive you are to the on road feel of the car you are driving. Frankly it could possibly make driving more fun, in states with hiils and mountains with lots of curves. However in a state like WA, where it is almost all flat, the benefits that may be gained by this kit, could be minimal.
  • Hyundai ! 30 GD Elite Automatic

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I did say, may be of interest to some of our members.

No doubt it is a costly bit of kit, however I do recall some members posting asking for details of such equipment and as to where it was available.

I agree that it depends on how you drive and how sensitive you are to the on road feel of the car you are driving. Frankly it could possibly make driving more fun, in states with hiils and mountains with lots of curves. However in a state like WA, where it is almost all flat, the benefits that may be gained by this kit, could be minimal.

:goodjob:

If some members come over a bit blunt at times please don't take offence.. We have our share of straight shooter on here but no offence intended ...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I've had a similar strut system on my commodre wagon(mind you not that standard) for many years,even on a non preformance car,these struts can tighten up the responsiveness of the ride and steering,if they made one for the FD I'd give them a go after having a set on my wagon, if you purely drive round like a geriatric they would have absolutely no benefit
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I guess I wouldn't need them then  :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal