i30 Owners Club

Cowling Hyundai I30 Facelift

Offline Toontjelager

• 2nd Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Eindhoven
All,

I bought a damaged Hyundai I30 1.4 I-Motion in Germany, and try to found out where to get part numbers of the components I need. As this model is the facelift (FDH), it seems that some parts from the front are different. I need a cowling if this is the right word. It is the black plastic part where the headlights, radiator, etc are mounted on. So fare I could not find if this part is the same as the one for the previous models from 2007 till 2010. Same for the metal bar witch is mounted horizontaly in front of this plastic part.

If someone could help me out, this would be great.

Thanks in advance & best regards, Toon
  • I30 Facelift 2011

Offline Toontjelager

• 2nd Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Eindhoven
Nobody? I found out the official name for the plastic part is  Radiator Support. The horizontal metal bar I don't now.

Regards, Toon
  • I30 Facelift 2011

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
We  are members spread all around the world, so the part you require would be cheapest to get locally. I can only suggest that you contact a crash repair business, they should be able to get what you want, but I don't think it will be cheap though.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Toontjelager

• 2nd Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Eindhoven
My problem is that the crash repair business offers tons of parts, but for I30 2007 till 2010.  Some of them say it will fit, while others are saying it won't fit.
Prices here in the Netehrlands are not that expensive, In the mean time I bought a used front bumper, rear bumper (inclusive all parts behind this bumper) and a hood for 399 Euro on a scrap yard. All original parts from a car registered in 2012, only the  wrong color  :disapp:

The metal horizontal bar behind the front bumper I can buy new (Imitation) for about 37 euro inclusive VAT, and the radiator support used for about 100 euro and new (imitation)between 140 and 200 euro.
The horizontal bar and radiotor support are looking the same as the models from 2007 till 2010, but I am still not sure. Saterday I will start to remove all the damaged parts, and take the horizontal bar and radiotor support with me to the scrap yard. (They also sell imitation new parts, and for parts that are not visible from the outside of the car I don't care to much)

Thanks for your reply anyway,

Regards, Toon
  • I30 Facelift 2011

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry we weren't a lot of help with this problem Toon  :undecided: It is not an issue we have had to address on here before.

Many owners on here have Korean built FD i30's which did not get the upgraded front. The percentage of active members with the updated front would be quite small I'm afraid  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :whsaid:

I hope someone will be able to help you soon, Toon.  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Toontjelager

• 2nd Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Eindhoven
Thanks for your support,

Coming Saterday I will start removing the damaged parts an take them with me to the scrap yard, so I think it will be clear if the parts are the same as pre-facelift.
I will post the outcome here, might be helpful for other owners of the FDH model.

One more thing,

I tried to fill in my location etc for new comers, but could not find how to react?

Regards, Toon
  • I30 Facelift 2011

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
One more thing,

I tried to fill in my location etc for new comers, but could not find how to react?

Regards, Toon

I would have fixed it for you, but looks like someone already did  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal