i30 Owners Club

FD Auto Economy.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
For a few weeks, our car Ruby, will be doing trips into Adelaide city from our home. Due to politics, it is currently cheaper to run the diesel in and out twice daily, rather than park the car. For me, I get to do all the driving. :happydance:

So Monday in town, I brimmed the tank with 20 bucks of diesel an d the car's first dose of Fuelmaster anti diesel bug additive, to start the monitoring from a known point. Nice leisurely drive home +560 metre climb and than later that day a return trip in and out.

Wednesday all is fine till we get to the last kilometre of freeway and sure enough a traffic accident. I need to point out that up to this point the average was 4.9 l / 100k, (this is the 4 speed auto remember), a figure never before attained since owning the car. 40 minutes later at idle, we pass the accident and drive into town. In that time the average had climbed to 5.0.

Thursday the wife drives the car and due to the nature of the trips, (short), I get the car Friday with 5.4 on the display.  :(

Drive in Friday and after all is done, the fuel gauge says 3/4 full, average fuel 5.1 and average trip 47 kmh.

I'll drive it again this week and it STILL won't need refuelling at this rate. We are very happy.

Is it the Fuelmaster or the Mc Cain device.  :Dunno:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Gotta be happy with those figures... :goodjob:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal