i30 Owners Club

Authorised Service Agent Dealer North Suburbs of Perth, warranty issues

Offline Silver1

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
My 2008 CRDI is coming out of warranty soon, can anyone recommend a dealer to have it serviced with as I want to make sure any problems are identified and rectified prior to the warranty expiring.  Someone located in the northern suburbs of Perth would be good.  I'm not sure if there are any particular problems I need to be aware of ?

Our vehicle doesn't appears to have any problems although the fuel economy we get it's anything like what some get on this forum, 680 kms a tank is the best we have gotten since we've had Silver1.  Also hear a bit of road noise, not sure if this is usual ?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • 2008 i30 CRDI

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Can't speak for dealer/mechanic choice in your area but the noise (hard to describe how much) is probably normal, although the economy seems a bit low to me. How do you drive it and over what terrain?  :Dunno:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Dave,

Guessing yours is an Auto with that mileage out of a tank (and sounds like you aren't brimming it?)

If it is an Auto is there any hesitation when you select reverse? Or are there any other changes in how it operates? If so, get it checked (although it seems that 2010/2011 Autos were/are more prone to issues)

Otherwise, not a lot to go looking for :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
And unless anything is different in Aus I can't see any dealer going over a car looking for faults to fix under Warranty to be honest.
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Yes I would be finding a very good independant and getting their opinions and then going to Hy if there is any warrantable issue to be sorted,go to HY their just going to say yes our vehicle is fine
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Silver1

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Thanks for your responses, looks like I'll take it to my mechanic and if he identifies anything I'll take it to a dealer.

I have only driven the vehicle a couple of times as I can't get my wife out of it.  She's no lead foot so I am a tad disappointed with the economy, if what's listed on the forum is what people are getting.

I think it's a great little car, pretty impressive really, the only issue for me is the road noise which is no big one.  Hyundai probably saved a few bucks by reducing the sound proofing on manufacture, might also be the type of tyres but as they have heaps of tread left they wont be getting replaced anytime soon..
  • 2008 i30 CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal