i30 Owners Club

Fun Sunday Drive !!!!

Offline fangfarrier

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hills District , Brisbane
I've had the car now for just over a week and around town doing the normal hum-drum, I'm more or less used to it. That said I'm really enjoying it. This car is realy nice to drive. Most of the time it is in Eco mode  with the steering set on comfort, but.................................. living on the north western border of Brisbane , we are a very short drive from what is arguably one of the best driving roads  in this country, the Samford -Mt Glorious- Northbrook Parkway Road. This road is the magnet for hundreds of motor bike riders every weekend with its combinations of corners and cambers laced with fun combinations of differing radius sweeping curves. A warm Sunday afternoon with all the yardwork done it was time to get some milage up before first service. Time for a drive......
    Some will say that auto is for lazy buggers but I have to dissagree ( sometimes). Setting this thing in sport mode and driving for the corners is so much fun. Changing the steering mode to sport on the down hill sections on the western side of the range, and working the  gear selector  to keep the revs in the  power band was honestly one of the most fun drivng experinces I have ever had. After a stop at the  Wivenhoe lookout, we had a clear road for the downhill run to the  Wivenhoe -Somerset Road. The gear changes are as smooth and seamless as you could desire and honestly better ( and faster, IMO ) than a manual. I had a BALL!!!!!!! The suspension/ handling on this thing, under  a little bit of loud peddle is (bang for buck) awesome!!!!!
     All up the afternoon drive was a little over 200 km  in about 3 hours with a stop at "The Spit" at Somerset Dam for a cuppa, then on through Kilcoy, Woodford, Cabolture and then south on the M1 toward home.  I had a ball !!!!

IMG_20131208_215954_zpsbe44c51f.jpg Photo by fangfarrieri30 | Photobucket
  • GD i30 SR auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Great Feedback.. Awesome  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new car.. :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Great review.  I had a smile on my face reading how much fun you were having!!   :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Yep, you're right. That is a great drive.
I first did it in the rain back in about 1969, when the downhill run was a muddy track through farms and gates.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Think I might move this to testimonials (if that is ok?)  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal