i30 Owners Club

How much do you pay for your service?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Looking to purchase a i30 Premium 1.6 petrol or Diesel so have phones local Hyundai Dealer in Deeside North Wales Below are the quotes ex vat.

Petrol 1.6 Premium         1st y £151.69      2nd £285.22      3rd £184.49
Diesel 1.6 Crdi Premium  1st y £187.98      2nd £316.64      3rd £234.95

These sound expensive, or are they about average.

Cheers

I don't have my bills to hand but seems about what I paid for diesel but just a little bit more.

oh just remembered plus extra 2.5% VAT!!!

1st is just oil and oil filter
2nd is 1st plus replace brake/clutch fluids and air con filter and air filter
3rd is 1st plus replace fuel filter

I've found my local Hy very competative when comparing prices to independents
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
just had my 22000 k service.

i wasn't really paying much attention to be honest, i've had a particularly busy few weeks and had letter come in that said overdue on 6 month service. so i just booked it in.
bought own oil and service cost about $120 something inc filter change.

afterwards the receptionist remarked i could have left it til the 30,000 and it wouldn't have affected the warranty. mmm gee thanks.
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
afterwards the receptionist remarked i could have left it til the 30,000 and it wouldn't have affected the warranty. mmm gee thanks.

Was probably worth doing anyway SC  :goodjob:  (keep her in good running order)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
^yup peace of mind and all, was just a very tight fortnight. had every bill under the sun i think.  :rolleyes:

at least i requested they look at the 'missing' shift lock bit as was suggested by my handy rattles guy couple months back, and they have ordered me a replacement part.
no indication at this stage that i will have to pay for it, so looks promising

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
Have had a quick browse of the thread but didn't get see anything.

But I just booked myself in for a hyundai i30 diesel 30,000km service and I asked the bloke estimated cost and he came back with a whopping $600!!!!!!!

Is that right? that's an insane amount! :scared: :scared:

Do you guys recommend me going to a non dealer? Will it change my warranty?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

If you have a good independent service centre or garage nearby get a quote from them (it won't effect your warranty but make sure they stamp and date the service book..Try and find out what they reckon you need it parts for that price. My guess is it includes, Oil, Air & Fuel filters but not a pollen filter which should be o/k.

I left our Fuel filter until 60,000kms and supplied my own Kia one which was about $30 cheaper than the same Hyundai part number ($100 V $130 i think) it is on here somewhere.. The air Filter is about $10 cheaper through our local Kia dealer for the same part too .. If you have the time and inclination you can supply your own oil too (starting with something like Castol Edge Sport 5W30 for around $50...)

Doing this and using an independent could save you a couple of hundred $$$ easily (But still get a quote first)

Good luck... :D

EDIT: Jeepers.. Long time between posts (Nearly 2 years) :eek:.. (one of our original members  :goodjob:)

Offline rowanc

• 1st Gear
Just got a 30,000km service from south-eastern dealer in Melbourne, cost $605, not happy with that...but to boot, wanted to charge $190 for a pollen filter and $66 for 2 stop light bulbs!  :scared: (I assume that they're gold plated, and made by a monk in Tibet, and installed by trained spiders)
I'll be doing the bulbs myself tomorrow - It feels like terrible value ?? any suggestions on a good service center for the diesel around nunawading/vermont area ?

Pip
Ouch! Who was it?

I was happy with Makin and Luby in Heidelberg. Not close to you (nor me either really) but if you are prepared to wait it's just one return trip.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
our hatch and cw are both 2.0 petrol,the hatch is manual and the cw is an automatic.  we were quoted three days ago $380 for our 30.000km service on each car.  we had a pollen filter changed on each car at 22.500kms and it cost $50.00 for each car.  my wife has had a couple of stop light globes changed and it only cost $3.00 each.  :goodjob:  you have been seen coming in a big way.  :disapp:   i use Dandenong Hyundai for my services on the cars for two reasons,its were we bought them and they don't rip you off or muck you around.  the guys at the counter actually know what your talking about and listen to your observations of the vehicle. the wife and myself have had on a few occasions one of the mechanics come out for a drive with us to find/hear a problem the wife's cw had. it turned out to be the exhaust and was fixed there and then. they have a scheduled service cost board on the wall that tells you the price for each service and in columns for, auto ,manual, diesel and petrol.  :goodjob: what you see is what you pay.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline rowanc

• 1st Gear
it was nunawading hyundai. I went changed the bulb myself today, and vacuumed the pollen filter (it will need replacing anyway)
time to remove filter :5mins + 2mins vacuuming
time to change both stop lights:7min + $3.85

My price per hour now, based on their quote for $270 for these two items is: $1115
I figure they should be able to do it faster than me though, so it's probably higher. Looks time for me to change business'!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome rowan.  :razz:  i would just buy a pollen filter and change it myself,especially at that price.  :faint:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
why are crdi owners being charged around $600 for a major service?  :confused: i had thought up until now that the difference in a petrol and a crdi service was only around $100 .  :rolleyes:  that's what the price board states in my dealers service dept.  :confused:

Pip
why are crdi owners being charged around $600 for a major service?  :confused: i had thought up until now that the difference in a petrol and a crdi service was only around $100 .  :rolleyes:  that's what the price board states in my dealers service dept.  :confused:
I was charged half that so I guess it depends where you go.

Incidently, your dealer was one of the dearest when I did my ring around. I haven't got the figures any more but until I did my telephone research, that's where I was going to have it done as they are closest to me and I also used them for the (quite satisfactory) first service.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
thanks for the heads up pip.  :goodjob: the price i was quoted for our petrol i30's was very reasonable compared to others. i really didn't think the diesel was so up and down in service price, but i don't own one so i have a good excuse for my ignorance.  :-[:confused: :-\ :scared:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
just had my 15000km

AU$133 inc parts and labour
did buy my own oil though

just had my 22000 k service.

bought own oil and service cost about $120 something inc filter change.

and my 30000k (using own oil again) was $296 ish.

quite a jump from my previous ones and using the same dealer. seems to be on the high side really looking at what others pay.
also they only dropped $54 for the oil wheras in the past they dropped it by approx $80.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Maybe a different Service Manager or Dealer Principal SC ?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Some official Hyundai service prices seem rather excessive. Would any of our members care to take a bad example and try to justify their price.

Given that dealers have access to OEM parts and bulk oil purchases are the rest of the costs absorbed by labour charges and a little profit, or are we being regularly fleeced.  :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The problem is that like in a lot of retail, sales margins in the car industry have been eroded by competition and the GFC and so dealers look to their other departments to prop things up...

Apart from the fixed price deals offered by some, most brands dealers tend to charge a premium when they can..

I know Peugeot can be really expensive and I've heard horror stories about Subaru Servicing and I'm sure Honda and Mazda wouldn't be cheap (particularly after the warranty expires) 

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
However, the landscape is changing.
Many dealers now offer "fixed price servicing" which, from the figures I've seen is extremely reasonable.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
Maybe a different Service Manager or Dealer Principal SC ?

anything is possible i guess. they moved the saleyard proper to a different location altogether but have the services down at nissan still. so maybe something else changed to.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal