i30 Owners Club

Manual Geabox gears stuck when cold

myarken · 34 · 15012

Offline myarken

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle
Thanks for all the replies.

The issue is that the clutch fluid was empty. filled up and clutch pressure kind of came back.

noticed that the fluid was instantly leaking out. Checked and it's coming from slave cyclinder.

Rang mechanic and has part on order replacing tomorrow.

Cannot use reverse at all and 4th and 5th gear. As clutch cannot reach that far to select those gears.

at this stage gearbox is fine. touch wood.
  • i30 07 Hatch Petrol Manual

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hopefully a relatively inexpensive and easy fix!  :sweating: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
After he has replaced the slave cylinder and bled the clutch normally, if he uses a pressure bleeder or the manual method its important he then bleeds the slave cylinder as it traps air. Even my local hyundai garage did not realise this. It takes 30 seconds. With the bleed pipe on the slave person a pushes and holds the clutch pedal to the floor. Person b then opens the bleed and simultaneously pulls the clutch fork all the way and then does the bleed screw up quickly. That evacuates the air trapped in the slave.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
If your mechanically minded changing the slave cylinder yourself is a 45- 50 minutes job,make yourself a simple self bleeder and bleeding the slave cylinder takes a couple of minutes,save yourself a heap.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal